|Vehicle type||Cargo Plane|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
The Cargo Plane is a fixed-wing aircraft featured in Grand Theft Auto V. It is the largest vehicle both in the game and in the entire series, having a considerably longer wingspan and fuselage than the Jet.
It is big military cargo plane, which comes with a white body and some light blue stripes around the middle, in the stabilizers, the front end, the winglets, and the fronts of the engines. The vehicle also features interesting landing gear, where the rear wheels are composed of at least 16 pairs (8 in each side), making it realistic, as real cargo planes have numerous wheels.
When used via hacks or modded online matches, it is possible to see the interior, aside from the mission Minor Turbulence in singleplayer, where it is composed of a large cargo area, with some utility items, such as lockers, boxes, etc, near the ramp. In the floor, the area is surrounded by green platforms, designed to carry vehicles without sliding. The roof is covered with yellow spinning lights and other illumination, which are only activated when a warning is present. Near the utility items, there are two orange girders. In the front, an orange ladder is present, along with two rectangles, which are actually the side doors.
Once the player accesses the cab, they find it modeled with two computers, which show military operations (an area surrounded by two jeeps and one truck), and the green part of the map of Los Santos. It is also fitted with some lockers (one labeled "First Aid"), two unusable fire extinguishers and two seats, where the player takes the control of the plane.
In the mission "Minor Turbulence", Trevor hijacks one from a group of Merryweather mercenaries to steal the weapons shipment they were delivering. It is however shot down by two P-996 Lazers, belonging to the US military, when Trevor refuses to land at Fort Zancudo. The plane then crashes into the Alamo Sea, but Trevor manages to parachute out of the cargo bay door beforehand. The crashed remains of the aircraft can be found afterwards at the western end of the Alamo Sea, full of weapons that respawn periodically.
The plane is damaged as soon as the player takes control of it, with debris flying out of the cargo bay ramp and panels missing and damage around the ramp from Trevor's dramatic entry. More debris is seen after the two P-996 Lazer fighter planes deploy their sidewinders. Note that it is impossible to evade the two missiles which will always hit the wing and one of the engine pods.
Due to its heavy weight and enormous size, the Cargo Plane is considerably slow, and its handling is poor. Its large wingspan makes it rather difficult to execute sharp turns, but the large wings in turn make it one of the most stable planes in the game. However, the airplane requires a long runway in order to takeoff and land.
- GTA V
- The Cargo Plane cannot be obtained in normal gameplay without the use of modding.
- The aircraft's wheels doesn't working as common planes during Minor Turbulence.
- When fighting inside the Cargo Plane in the mission Minor Turbulence, the plane stops moving around the map - it appears like a building would. It might be due to the fact that it's scripted to fly into the sea at the end.
- The Cargo Plane, along with the Jet and the Train, is not listed in the BradyGames guide.
- There is a rumor that the Cargo Plane's nose can be propped open.
- The wreckage of a Cargo Plane can be found lying at the bottom of the ocean just off the western coast near Fort Zancudo with a variety of weapons scattered among the debris. The plane wreck lies in shallow water, mainly situated on the very edge of a steep, rocky underwater cliff covered by coral reefs. The front section of the plane, including the nose and cockpit seems to have broken off and is resting further down in deeper waters at the very bottom off the deep end where the plane is situated. It is assumed that this is the result of an unsuccessful takeoff from Fort Zancudo.
- There is a Russian flag on the rudder of the plane, perhaps making a reference to the Russian cargo planes.
- The serial number of the plane is RF-LS9130, RF referring to the Russian Federation and LS to Los Santos respectively.
- It's the first plane of the series to be based on a Russian model.
- It is very difficult but not impossible to land the Cargo Plane on a runway in the game. The best choice of runway is the one facing north/south at LSX.
- The Cargo Plane is based off it's San Andreas counterpart, the Andromada, another unobtainable aircraft.
- Hacking the game to obtain the vehicle results in a missing fuselage that holds the stabilizers. The ramp appears here, but the cargo entrance is somewhat "invisible", along with the roof frame that is seen attached to the plane.
- Also, if you look at the entrance from behind, the texture is missing.
- On the Rockstar social club site, there is modded deathmatch with an accessible cargo plane, call Cargo plane sandbox. The cargo plane in this match does not have any texture issues as described before and is fully functional. Also appears in a deathmatch called "Unobtainable vehicles", obviously along with others unobtainable vehicles. Later, the deathmatches were taken down, due to the fact the Cargo Plane isn't meant to be obtained.