|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto III|
|Status:||Can be killed or spared|
|Date of death:||2001 (optional)|
|Main affiliation:||Marty Chonks|
- "It's far too late for that, Marty. You had your chance, but now I'm taking over the business... LOSER!!"
- ―Carl killing Marty Chonks
Carl, the former lover of Marty Chonks' wife, is angry over her death and is looking for revenge. Agreeing to meet Marty at the Bitch'n' Dog Food Factory, he successfully avoids Marty's trap by killing him with a concealed shotgun, effectively taking over Marty's business. Carl can be killed by Claude as he walks away from Marty's corpse. However, the Love Media website suggests that the conglomerate owns the Bitchin' Dog Food Factory.
- Although he is referred as "Carl" by Marty in a mission cutscene, the real name of this character is "Carlos", it is revealed in the PC version of the game if you fail the mission: walking away with the car when Carl goes to enter into the car. The mission fails with the following inscription: "You have left Carlos the loan shark behind!"
- Being a minor character, Carl does not have his own character model and uses a pedestrian model seen in Staunton Island.
- ↑ Marty Chonks: "Turns out my wife was seeing some guy I own money to. He's got real angry and he's looking for payback!" (from the Her Lover mission)
- ↑ Carl: "Marty sent you huh? Ok, I'm gonna show that creep the meaning of the word business." (from the Her Lover mission)
- ↑ Carl: "It's far too late for that Marty. You had your chance, but now I'm taking over the business..." (from the Her Lover mission)
- ↑ Love Media website. Love Media and Rockstar Games.