- "Cash is king in this town. Solve your money problem and help get what you want across Los Santos and Blaine County with the occasional purchase of cash packs for Grand Theft Auto Online. All purchased cash is automatically deposited into your character’s bank account. Spend wisely, cash therapy is fleeting."
- ―Card description on the Playstation Store/Xbox Market.
Cash Cards are a form of microtransaction that Rockstar has implemented for Grand Theft Auto Online. Named after various types of sharks, and using the in-game "Shark" branding, each card offers a different level of in-game money (GTA$) cutting the time needed to purchase various cars, weapons, and upgrades. While making progress through Grand Theft Auto Online quicker and easier, they are optional to purchase. Cash Cards are also advertised on the in-game radio, along with some types not available for purchase.
Imaging Voice: "In the sea, there are big fish and there are little fish. The same is true on land. But which are you? Isn't it the time to define yourself? At Shark, we have different Shark credit cards based on your level of insecurity. Let your credit card color define you. Go on a shopping spree with the Red Shark card! The Great White Shark is a beast of a card! Everyone in the restaurant will see it and know you are the ultimate predator. Tiger Shark is for the flamboyant spender. The Bull Shark - for the violent, aggressive predator who hunts in all kinds of environments. Or there's the charitable Basking Shark, the card for the slow-moving liberal with no teeth. Shark - for the apex predator."
- Despite their success, many players in the GTA community believe that these are a "scam", as low mission payouts (combined with reducing payouts from existing ones), and more expensive content in DLCs means that more players seem to "give in" and buy the cards. This is referred to as The Cash Card Scam.
- When first launched, the card design branded them as Maze Bank cards, with a slightly different design.
- Originally, Grand Theft Auto Online launched with only the Red Shark, Tiger Shark, Bull Shark and Great White Shark Cards available. Due to their overwhelming success, the Whale Shark Card was added December 2013, with the Megalodon Shark Card added March 2014.