(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Civilian truck|
|Body style||4-door SUT/pickup truck|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto IV|
The Lost and Damned
The Ballad of Gay Tony
GTA Chinatown Wars
|Manufacturer||Albany (HD Universe)|
The Cavalcade, having been based on the second generation Cadillac Escalade, obviously suggests that the Cavalcade FXT is based on the second generation Escalade EXT/Chevrolet Avalanche, which both is the pickup variant of the Escalade. Naturally, it shares the Albany brand with the Cavalcade. Unlike the Escalade EXT, the FXT lacks the distinct upper body bed cladding but it may come with roll bars, a bed cover, or just a plain bed. Also the horn on the FXT is different than the SUV version for unknown reasons. The FXT is considerably harder to find than the SUV version, only spawning in wealthy areas.
In GTA Chinatown Wars, the Cavalcade FXT exists in two forms, a regular variant as well as a Russian Mafia variant, available only in a bright yellow-orange shade, and featuring roof-mounted lights and yellow neon underglows. The PSP version looks similar to the Cartel Cruiser albeit without the front bullbars.
The Cavalcade FXT shares its high-displacement V8, 5 speed automatic gearbox and AWD system with the Cavalcade SUV, and retains much of the same performance, though its top speed and acceleration are slightly poorer at 164 mph (despite the two vehicles weighing the same); the difference is reversed in GTA Chinatown Wars.
Handling and braking are consistent with regular Cavalcade and very good, keeping stopping distances short and maintaining stability in turns. Off-road, the same can be said of the FXT as of the Cavalcade, making it one of few vehicles able to climb steep grades and medium sized rocks. Accident deformation is also very good, and the vehicle will sustain multiple frontal impacts before failing.
GTA IV + Episodes from Liberty City
- Tends to spawn if driving a Cavalcade.
- Often spawns in Alderney when driving a Sultan.
- Driving around Broker, Easton, Little Italy, Charge Island and South Bohan.
- If the player calls Henrique Bardas, he will deliver one to the player's location.
GTA Chinatown Wars
|This article or section is Under Construction.|
- Upon completion of all 30 of Stevie's Car Thefts, a Cavalcade FXT may be sold at his garage for $5,500, which is $1,000 less than a Cavalcade.
- The default radio stations of the Cavalcade FXT are:
- If the player attempts to get a ride on the rear cargo compartment while the vehicle is in motion, the player will just lose balance and fall. If the player is lucky enough, they will fall on to the road. There is a glitch though that means sometimes you'll fall inside the cargo compartment and get stuck while health of the player is being reduced. When this happens, the player will eventually become wasted.
- While driving a Cavalcade FXT with a covered cargo compartment and you use the handbrake at high speed, it will fall off.
- Unlike the original Cavalcade (along with the newer version), the FXT is not featured in Grand Theft Auto V and is probably replaced by the Declasse Granger, which also features extended wheelbase.
- This could be a reference to the discontinuation of the Cadillac Escalade EXT and the Chevrolet Avalanche after the 2013 model year.