|Appearance(s):|| GTA Vice City|
GTA San Andreas
GTA Liberty City Stories
GTA Vice City Stories
GTA Chinatown wars
the channn saww is a stuped wepon, they kil me in samp is so hard yes yes 88))
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Ocean Beach, Vice Beach - In the bathroom of Apartment 3C.
- Little Havana, Vice City Mainland - Available to buy from Screw This after completion of Phnom Penh '86 for $500.
- Spawns at the Ocean View Hotel, the Vercetti Estate and the Hyman Condo after collecting 20 hidden packages.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Ocean Docks, Los Santos - Beside a staircase near the southernmost bridge.
- Willowfield, Los Santos - Beside a little cabin near a pile of coal.
- The Panopticon, Red County - In front of a cabin near many tree log stacks.
- Red County - In a farm between Blueberry and Montgomery.
- Flint County - At Helena Wankstein's storage shack, available after meeting her.
- Avispa Country Club, San Fierro - Inside the tennis courts.
- Doherty, San Fierro - In the construction site next to CJ's garage, on top of a collapsed building.
- Garcia, San Fierro - Inside the Final Build Construction site.
- Hunter Quarry, Bone County - Opposite to the treadmill exit of the big, red and southern mineral crusher at the bottom of the quarry.
- Whitewood Estates, Las Venturas - In front of the compound entrance featured in the mission You've Had Your Chips.
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
- Can be found behind the sawmill near The Atlantic Quays.
- In a small garage east of the police station at Pike Creek.
- Dropped by gang members in the mission Portland Chainsaw Masquerade.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Ocean Beach, Vice Beach - Behind a Hardcore Pawn store not far from the empire site by the gas station.
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
- Commonly found in construction sites.
- In Vice City Stories, pressing "" while holding the chainsaw will make Vic swing it; the animation resembles that of the Katana, and the chainsaw makes the same sound upon striking an opponent.
- In the game Vice City Stories, the player itself cannot hold the chainsaw for quick-killing purposes as it can only be swung.
- In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, by pressing "" or "" while aiming to someone, will make Carl Johnson raise the chainsaw in the air, causing people to flee.
- In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas it is possible to open locked car doors using the chainsaw, although it is difficult.
- In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, extended use of the chainsaw causes max Health, Muscle and Stamina to rise.
- In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, tapping the attack button will make Tommy rev the chainsaw, and frighten nearby pedestrians. This can be done both while moving and standing. It can only be done while moving in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- In Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars you can hijack cars in front of police by using the chainsaw on the car. When the passengers walk out, take the car without any worry of alerting the police. However, be careful of accidentally killing the escaping passengers.
- In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, like the baseball bat in GTA III, you can kill many pedestrians without penalty as long as there is no law enforcement in the vicinity. This can lead to large sums of money if planned correctly next to a save point or a Pay 'n' Spray.
- In Grand Theft Auto: IV , a powersaw can be found by workers in construction sites. This maybe would have been in the game as a weapon, replacing the chainsaw, but it was cut.