Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas' cheat codes are similar to those of its predecessors, requiring input of a series of controller button commands or a keyboard. When a cheat code is successfully entered, a "Cheat Activated" message will appear on the upper left corner of the screen to confirm the cheat has been entered. The following cheat codes must be entered during gameplay.
Note that the PlayStation 2 and Xbox require the use of the D-Pad (up, down, left, right), (NOTE: this is not the analog stick) for directional input. For the Xbox 360, Black is RB and White is LB.
|Adrenaline effects||munasef / anoseonglass|
Armor, health (also repairs cars if you are in one), and money ($250,000).
|CJ jumps 10 times higher||lfgmhal / kangaroo|
Commit suicide (immediately)
Note: If the Unlimited Health cheat is on CJ would not die
|szcmawo / goodbyecruelworld|
|Hitman level for all weapons||ncsgdag / professionalkiller|
|Lock Wanted level (facilitates exploration of islands/cities and restricted areas before they're unlocked)||aezakmi / ifirstdoz/ testeducationalskills|
|Lower wanted level (Removes all stars)||turndowntheheat / asnaeb|
|Maximum lung capacity (infinite air underwater)||cvwkxam||Down, Left, L Trigger, Down, Down, Black, Down, White, Down|
|Maximum muscle||jysdsod / buffmeup||Y, Up, Up, Left, Right, X, B, Left|
|Maximum respect||ogxsdag / worshipme||L Trigger, R Trigger, Y, DOWN, Black, A, L Trigger, UP, White, White, L Trigger, L Trigger|
|Maximum sex appeal||bekknqv / helloladies||B, Y, Y, UP, B, R Trigger, White, UP, Y, L Trigger, L Trigger, L Trigger|
|Maximum stamina||vkypqcf / stamina||Up, A, Y, A, Y, A, X, Black, Right|
|Maximum vehicle skills (Driving, flying, bike, cycling)||naturaltalent||X, White, A, R Trigger, White, White, LEFT, R Trigger, RIGHT, L Trigger, L Trigger, L Trigger|
|Minimum fat and Muscle||kvgyzqk||Y, Up, Up, Left, Right, X, B, Right|
|CJ Never Gets Hungry||aeduwnv / hungry||X, White, R Trigger, Y, UP, X, White, UP, A|
|Raise wanted level (increases by two stars)||osrblhh / turnuptheheat||R Trigger, R Trigger, B, Black, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left|
|Six-star wanted level||ljspqk / bringiton||B, Right, B, Right, Left, X, A Down|
|Slow gameplay||liyoaay / slowitdown||Y, Up, Right, Down, X, Black, R Trigger|
|Spawn Jetpack||yecgaa / rocketman||Left, Right, L Trigger, White, R Trigger, Black, Up, Down, Left, Right|
|Spawn Parachute||aiypwzqp||Left, Right, L Trigger, White, R Trigger, Black, Black, Up, Down, Right, L Trigger|
Note: Pedestrians can also super punch. If a pedestrian punches CJ, he will be instantly killed. However, if the Unlimited Health cheat is activated, super punches do not affect CJ
iavenjq / stinglikeabee
|Up, Left, A, Y, R Trigger, B, B, B, White|
|Unlimited ammunition (Using this cheat will often make your sound go dodgy. This cheat also affects Pedestrians.)||wanrltw / fullclip||L Trigger, R Trigger, X, R Trigger, LEFT, Black, R Trigger, LEFT, X, DOWN, L Trigger, L Trigger|
Note: Explosions, drowning, falling, and the guns of the Police Choppers still hurt in the PS2 and Xbox versions. The guns of the Police Chopper also still hurts in the PC version. If a vehicle explodes while CJ is still in it, he will instantly get killed
|baguvix / cainemvhzc||Down, A, Right, Left, Right, R Trigger, Right, Down, Up, Y|
|Weapons (tier 1) (Brass Knuckles, baseball bat, 9mm, shotgun, Micro SMG, AK-47, Rifle, rocket launcher, Molotov Cocktail, & Spray Paint)||lxgiwyl / thugsarmoury||R Trigger, Black, L Trigger, Black, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up|
|Weapons (tier 2) (Fist, Knife, Desert Eagle, Sawn-Off Shotgun, TEC 9, M4 Carbine, sniper rifle, Flamethrower, Fire Extinguisher & Grenades)||kjkszpj / professionalskit||R Trigger, Black, L Trigger, Black, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Down, Left|
|uzumymw / nutterstoys||R Trigger, Black, L Trigger, Black, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Down, Down|
|All cars have nitrous.|
Note: When modifying a car, it appears as "2x Nitro", but you will have an infinite amount. (If you not upgrade your car go exit from your vehicle and get back it will be recharged)
|coxefgu / speedfreak|
|Cars drive on water (Amphibious cars)||gkpnmq [Citation needed]|
Note: Only the Speeder can take off successfully and with difficulty.
|afsnmsmw / flyingfish|
Note: Cars take off like planes, except they have no left and right rudder.
|ripazha / chittychittybangbang|
|Increased car speed||lpnqmas|
|Improved suspensions||sticklikeglue / pggomoy|
|Manual weapon control in cars||ouiqdmw|
|Massive bicycle bunny hops (Jump 100 feet in air)||jhjoecw / cjphonehome|
Note: Infernus is recommended for this cheat.
|Spawn Bloodring Banger||cqzijmb / oldspeeddemon|
|Spawn Dozer||eegcyxt / itsallbull|
|Spawn Monster||agbdlcid / monstermash|
|Spawn Quad||akjjyglc / fourwheelfun|
|Spawn Hotring Racer (hotrina)||pdnejoh / vrockpokey|
|Spawn Hotring Racer (hotrinb)||vpjtqwv|
|Spawn Romero(Hearse)||aqtbcodx / wheresthefuneral|
|Spawn Stretch||krijebr / celebritystatus|
|Spawn Stunt Plane||urkqsrk / flyingtostunt|
|Spawn Tanker and attached Tanker Trailer||amomhrer|
|Spawn Trashmaster||ubhyzhq / truegrime|
|Taxi missions completed (All taxis get nitrous, and jump up when you press the horn)||N/A|
Your car is Invincible and can instantly destroy other vehicles
Many of these cheats are used in the game during the Los Santos Riots.
|Aggressive drivers||Right, R2, Up, Up, R2, circle, square, R2, L1, Right, Down, L1||ylteicz||RIGHT, Black, UP, UP, Black, B, X, Black, L Trigger, RIGHT, DOWN, L Trigger|
|Aggressive traffic||R2, circle, R1, L2, Left R1, L1, R2, L2||ylteicz||Black, B, R Trigger, White, Left R Trigger, L Trigger, Black, White|
|Beach party theme (Everyone bikini babes, all cars are beach cars, CJ in shorts and flipflops.)||Up, Up, Down, Down, square, circle, L1, R1, triangle, Down.||cikgcgx||Up, Up, Down, Down, X, B, L Trigger, R Trigger, Y, Down|
|Beater/junk car traffic||L2, RIGHT, L1, UP, X, L1, L2, R2, R1, L1, L1, L1||bgkgtjh||White, RIGHT, L Trigger, UP, A, L Trigger, White, Black, R Trigger, L Trigger, L Trigger, L Trigger|
|All traffic vehicles are black||circle, L2, Up, R1, Left, X, R1, L1, Left, circle||iowdlac||B, White, Up, R Trigger, Left, A, R Trigger, L Trigger, Left, B|
|Carnival theme (Civilians are fast food workers & clowns, Carl Johnson has a clown outfit, traffic consists of Pizza Boy, BF Injection, Hotknife, Tug, Quad, Hotdog and all four wheeled vehicles have hydraulics.)||triangle, triangle, L1, square, square, circle, square, down, circle||priebj / crazytown||Y, Y, L Trigger, X, X, B, X, Down, B|
Cars float away when hit
Note: This cheat does not work in missions involving races and car chases
|square, R2, Down, Down, Left, Down, Left, Left, L2, X||bsxsggc / bubblecars||X, Black, Down, Down, Left, Down, Left, Left, White, A|
Pedestrians Riot (this cheat can be disabled)
|L2, RIGHT, L1, triangle, RIGHT, RIGHT, R1, L1, RIGHT, L1, L1, L1||iojufzn / stateofemergency||White, RIGHT, L Trigger, Y, RIGHT, RIGHT, R Trigger, L Trigger, RIGHT, L Trigger, L Trigger, L Trigger|
|All vehicles explode||R2, L2, R1, L1, L2, R2, square, triangle, circle, triangle, L2, L1||cpktnwt / allcarsgoboom||Black, White, R Trigger, L Trigger, White, Black, X, Y, B, Y, White, L Trigger|
|Invisible cars (except motorcycles)||triangle, L1, triangle, R2, square, L1, L1||xicwmd/wheelsonlyplease||Y, L Trigger, Y, Black, X, L Trigger, L Trigger|
|Kinky theme/pimp mode (Attracts Prostitutes with sex toys/gimp suit)||square, Right, square, square, L2, X, triangle, X,triangle||bekknqv||X, Right, X, X, White, A, Y, A, Y|
|Prostitutes pay you instead of taking your money||Right, L2, L2, Down, L2, Up, Up, L2, R2||n/a||Right, White, White, Down, White, Up, Up, White, Black|
|No pedestrians/reduced traffic (Parked cars still spawn)||X, Down, Up, R2, Down, triangle, L1, triangle, Left||thgloj / ghosttown||A, Down, Up, Black, Down, Y, L Trigger, Y, Left|
|Pedestrians are Elvis||L1, circle, trianlge, L1, L1, square, L2, Up, Down, Left||asbhgrb / bluesuedeshoes||L Trigger, B, Y, L Trigger, L Trigger, X, White, Up, Down, Left|
Pedestrians attack you with weapons and rocket launcher
(Cannot be turned off)
|Down, Up, Up, Up, X, R2, R1, L2, L2||bagowpg||Down, Up, Up, Up, A, Black, R Trigger, White, White|
|Pedestrians attack you with guns||X, L1, UP, square, down, X, L2, triangle, down, R1, L1, L1||bgluawml||A, L Trigger, UP, X, DOWN, A, White, Y, DOWN, R Trigger, L Trigger, L Trigger|
|Pedestrians have weapons||R2, R1, X, triangle, X, triangle, Up, Down||foooxft||Black, R Trigger, A, Y, A, Y, Up, Down|
|Pedestrians riot (with golf club) (Cannot be turned off;Madd Dogg will instantly jump to his death once you start his mission)||Down, Left, Up, Left, X, R2, R1, L2, L1||ajlojyqy / roughneighbourhood||Down, Left, Up, Left, A, Black, R Trigger, White, L Trigger|
|Pink traffic||circle, L1, Down, L2, Left, X, R1, L1, Right, circle||llqpfbn||B, L Trigger, Down, White, Left, A, R Trigger, L Trigger, Right, B|
|Rural theme||L1, L1, R1, R1, L2, L1, R2, Down, Left, Up||bmtpwhr||L Trigger, L Trigger, R Trigger, R Trigger White, L Trigger, Black, Down, Left, Up|
|Rural traffic||Triangle, left, square, R2, UP, L2, Down, L1, X, L1, L1, L1||fvtmnbz||Y, Left, X, White, Up, Black, Down, L Trigger, A, L Trigger, L Trigger, L Trigger|
|Sports car traffic||Right, R1, Up, L2, L2, Left, R1, L1, R1, R1||gusnhde / everyoneisrich||Right, R Trigger, Up, White, White, Left, R Trigger, L Trigger, R Trigger, R Trigger|
|Traffic lights remain green||Right, R1, Up, L2, L2, Left, R1, L1, R1, R1||zeiivg||Right, R Trigger, Up, White, White, Left, R Trigger, L Trigger, R Trigger, R Trigger|
|Yakuza theme (Triad members start to appear in the streets with Katana's. Mostly black cars and motorcycles patrol the streets.)||X, X, Down, R2, L2, O, R1, O, square||afphultl / ninjatown||A, A, Down, Black, White, B. R Trigger, B, X|
|Gang members spawn much faster||Left, Right, Right, Right, Left, X, Down, Up, square, Right||mroemzh||Left, Right, Right, Right, Left, A, Down, Up, X, Right,|
|Gang wars break out all over the streets||L1, Up, R1, R1, Left, R1, R1, R2, Right, Down||onlyhomiesallowed||L Trigger, Up, R Trigger, R Trigger, Left, R Trigger, R Trigger, Black, Right, Down|
|Gangs and workers||Left, Right(3), Left, X, Down, Up, Square, Right||mroemzh||Left, Right(3), Left, A, Down, Up, X, Right|
|No citizens or cops, only gang members having gunfights||L2, Up, R1, R1, Left, R1, R1, R2, Right, Down||bifbuzz||White, Up, R Trigger, R Trigger, Left, R Trigger, R Trigger, Black, Right, Down|
Recruit anyone into gang with 9mm pistols
Note: If the player recruits a Ballas and/or Vagos gang member and starts a gang war, the recruited Ballas and/or Vagos will immediately attack the player
|down, square, UP, R2, R2, UP, right, right, up||sjmahpe||DOWN, X, UP, Black, Black, UP, RIGHT, RIGHT, UP|
|Recruit anyone into gang with rocket launchers||R2, R2, R2, X, L2, L1, R2, L1, DOWN, X||ssoxfsq / rocketmayhem||Black, Black, Black, A, White, L Trigger, Black, L Trigger, DOWN, A|
Time and weatherEdit
Negative effects of cheatingEdit
Cheating in GTA San Andreas has been proven to have some negative effects on missions and gameplay. The following list contains side effects that may arise by playing the game with cheats. To avoid any of these side effects, it is recommended to use cheat codes only after the game has been completed or on an alternate save file. However, some minor side effects from a save file with cheats can spread onto a file without cheats.
- Cheating decreases your Criminal Rating by 10.
- Enabling the "Health and Armor" cheat during the bike chase of Just Business and during shooting from the car in End of the Line will fail the mission, destroying the bike/Feltzer (End of the Line), and CJ will eventually be Wasted.
- Enabling the "Health and Armor" cheat during the Lure mission will immediately destroy your doors, making the mission more difficult.
- The Health and Armor cheat does not have an effect on the DA's car on 555 We Tip.
- Enabling the "Health and Armor" cheat at any time during a taxi driver sub-mission will immediately empty the tip bar, making you unable to get the Speed Bonus.
- Enabling the "Lock Wanted Level" cheat will cause a glitch on the Mike Toreno mission stopping the script after the red marker.
- The second riot cheats are not reversible, and will be permanent on the save file once activated.
- When the "Pedestrians attack with Golf Clubs" cheat is activated in the game during the Madd Dogg mission, Madd Dogg will immediately jump off of the roof, failing the mission.
- The Max Fat and Max Muscle cheats make it difficult for you to date Helena Wankstein.
- The Super Punches cheat are not recommended during the Riot events of Los Santos. Since any civilian (including CJ) being punched with this cheat turned on will automatically die (unless the infinite health cheat is turned on).
- The Recruit Anyone cheats reverse in effect during Gang Wars.
- The missions Burning Desire, Life's a Beach, Photo Opportunity, and Madd Dogg cannot be completed if too many cheats have been used before the mission.
- If you enable the Jetpack cheat whilst CJ has stepped on a red mission marker, will eventually stop the game, the screen turns black and only the mission title is displayed.
- The Pedestrians Riot cheat makes the mission "Madd Dogg" impossble to complete, as Madd Dogg falls off before you have enough time to park the truck under him.
- If you enter the Flying Cars cheat, and you drive a car into any body of water, CJ will become stuck in the car and will not be able to get out. Same applies when bailing out whilst in the air (rarely).
- If you enter the Cars Float Away When Hit cheat too many times, cars will sometimes spawn in midair and fall from the sky. Also, random cars will explode as soon as CJ is within spawning distance of them.
- If you enable the Flying Cars cheat, random NPC cars may suddenly lift off and fly away.
- Enabling the Health and Armor cheat during the mission Reuniting The Families (the chase part) will not repair Sweet's car.
- Enabling the Destroy All Cars cheat during the mission Reuniting The Families (possibly to make the cop cars & bikes destroyed quickly) will make Sweet's car explode and will make CJ stuck inside the car (unable to get out).
- If the Cars Float On Water cheat is enabled, the Nevada, Rustler, Stuntplane and Cropduster will roll backwards when they spawn. It is unknown why this happens, but it is hypothesized that they roll backwards because their nose tilts upwards when parked.
- Enabling time cheats (Midnight for example), may cause the ingame time to progress and it will never stop unless the cheat is enabled again (causing the clock to speed up like the "Faster Clock" cheat until it catches up to whenever it should be).
- Enabling Fat and Stamina Cheats will cause CJ to not be allowed to work out in any gym.
- If the player has the "Flying Cars" cheat enabled while starting any Racing side-mission, all of the opponent's cars will lift off and fly away as soon as the race starts.
- If the player has the Riot cheat enabled, pedestrians can be seen fighting each other in the background during mission cutscenes. Sometimes pedestrians will interfere with the cutscene and will attempt to kill CJ.
- Sometimes when you attack or steal an NPC's car, they walk away instead of running away or fighting you. This cheating side effect can occur after only one cheat is activated.
- During the third mission, Sweet & Kendl, if you type in the cheat "Bounty on your head", you will cause your gang to attack you. However, if you are able to run them over with a vehicle, de-activate the "Bounty on your head" cheat, activate the cheats "Recruit Anyone" and "Maximum Respect" cheat, lock on and recruit them, they will become your allies. They have a lot of health and they can take a lot of damage. Also, they never de-spawn. This is confirmed for PC.
- Whilst the "Speed up time" cheat is activated at least twice, inputting Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Up on the PS2 controller when listening to the radio in a vehicle will allow you to skip tracks.
- So far, GTA San Andreas is the only game to have a cheat code wherein the player cannot (automatically) earn any wanted level for trespassing in any prohibited area (in the case of GTA San Andreas, San Fierro and Las Venturas if both cities has yet to be unlocked) as Wanted Levels cannot be disabled for trespassing in prohibited areas including the Washington Beach Police Station in GTA Vice City, the tarmac of Francis International Airport and the areas that has yet to be unlocked in GTA IV, and Fort Zancudo, Humane Labs and Research and the tarmac of Los Santos International Airport in GTA V (if the player has yet to purchase a hangar as Michael and Franklin or when playing as Trevor)