Tommy Vercetti about to go through one of the race checkpoints
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Vice City|
|Target:||Complete the Course|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
Time runs out
Asset generates up to $2000 a day
|Unlocks:||Cap the Collector|
Checkpoint Charlie is an asset mission in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. It is available after the purchase of the Boatyard in Viceport, Vice City. After the cutscene, the mission can be activated by the player, by either entering the Squalo or Cuban Jetmax located by the jetties. The objective of the mission is to collect 26 packages strewn across the waters. The countdown timer starts right away after the cutscene at two and a half minutes.
The reward for completing this is $5000, the boatyard asset will generate up to $2000 a day, and one more step closer to 100% completion of the game. After completing this, each completion will result in a different reward, time, and weather condition until the mission is completed for the fifth time.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Collect the packages before the time runs out
- Checkpoint Charlie was a port in the Berlin Wall, charlie is also a common nickname for cocaine.
- The packages in this mission are also the same model as a Hidden Package in Grand Theft Auto III.
- In the iPad version of GTA Vice City you can only use the Squalo once after you purchase the Boatyard, you can only use the Cuban Jetmax after this.
- In the mission cutscene, it is stated that the fastest boat has a 300 hp marine engine (or maybe, a marinized automobile engine), can go from 0-60 mph in four seconds, and features a fiberglass hull. They refer to the Squalo, as in the mission The Fastest Boat, Tommy has to steal a Squalo.
- It's recommended for the player to take the Squalo instead of the Cuban Jetmax because the Squalo is faster, making it more easy to complete the mission.
- There's a boat parked behind the last checkpoint, if the player fails the mission close to them, the boat will automatically disappear.
|iPad 2 Version|