Chinatown is a neighborhood in southern Algonquin, Liberty City. It is bordered to the north by Emerald Street (Lower Easton), to the west by Columbus Avenue (City Hall), to the south by Calcium Street (The Exchange), and to the east halfway between Borlock Road and Albany Avenue (Fishmarket South).
Chinatown is a residential and commercial neighborhood, Chinese descents and immigrants Tongs as residents, business owners and activity. It's a working class ethnic enclave, serving as a stark contrast to the busy nature of surrounding City Hall and The Exchange.
The district features a significant number of narrow streets, and a mixture of small tenement buildings and large low-rise office buildings and shops, some decorated with Oriental or modernist designs. The district is also uniquely adorned with large, overhanging signs reminiscent of those seen in the streets of Hong Kong, despite this practice not being commonly seen in New York City's Chinatown (which signs do not usually extend too far past the edge of sidewalks). The businesses in the neighborhood are Chinese-owned and are tailored specifically for Chinese only. The district is the main territory of the Algonquin Triads in both GTA IV and GTA Chinatown Wars.
The Liberty City Subway system serves Chinatown. The Emerald station, located on Emerald Street between Luddite Row and Albany Avenue along the neighborhood's border with Lower Easton, is served at all times by the Algonquin Outer Line.
Most of the people are Chinese in ethncity. The spoken lagnuages are Cantonese Chinese and English as it appears in the game. Other things in this topic are unknown. Most of the Chinese businesses get names with Chines/Hong Kong's style. Besides there are some firms which suppose to be unique in the Hong Kong Society, such as "tea restaurant" ("卜街茶餐廳", could be found in the Chinatown is a "tea restaurant"). Interestingly, some Chinese names of the businesses have similar pronunciation with Chinese foul language, such as "卜街茶餐廳" and "杏家富貴",or with some special colors, including "吉川春代", "奔周物業貸款", "藝技文化中心", "柯蘭詩職業服務社" and "黃色網吧". Most of these above have similar pronunciation (in Hong Kong Cantonese") with Chinese phrases, which consist of meaning related to sexual organs and stool, etc.
Points of interestWhen originally featured in GTA IV, Chinatown boasts only one useful facility, an underground weapons shop is located across the street from the intersection of Cavity Lane and Bismarck Avenue.
Other landmarks in the district were also featuring over the course of GTA IV's storyline, particularly during "Three Leaf Clover", when Niko Bellic assists Patrick McReary and his peers in robbing the main Bank of Liberty branch in The Exchange/Chinatown and escaping along the narrow alleyways of the district to escape into Emerald station.
The "Dragon Heart Plaza" is a mixed-use office building and shopping center in Chinatown which interior was added for both The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony. In The Lost and Damned, Johnny Klebitz and Jim Fitzgerald attempted to sell the heroin that they stole during "Action/Reaction" back to the Algonquin Triads; the Triads shoot at Johnny and Jim, as they fight their way out of the roof of the Dragon Heart Plaza. In The Ballad of Gay Tony, Luis Fernando Lopez and Anthony Prince must fight their way down from the upper floor of the building's interior against an army of Algonquin Triad members in "Chinese Takeout".
An Al Dente's restaurant may also be found at Albany Avenue and Calcium Street.
Algonquin's Chinatown is directly inspired by New York City's own Chinatown in Manhattan. Many buildings in GTA IV's Chinatown are apparently based on those situated within Manhattan's Chinatown as well as adjacent Lower East Side districts.
- 51 Bowery at Canal Street (HSBC Bank and former Citizen's Savings Bank). Depicted in game as a Bank of Liberty branch at the southwestern corner of Chinatown at Columbus Avenue and Calcium Street, and prominently featured during "Three Leaf Clover".
- The Manhattan Bridge approach arch in Lower Manhattan. Although the Algonquin Bridge (which is based on the Manhattan Bridge) exists, the game's rendition of the approach arch is placed in front of Broker Bridge, a representation of the Brooklyn Bridge, and features two arches instead of one in the real life rendition.
- 241 Canal Street (former Golden Pacific National Bank), depicted in game as the Dragon Heart Plaza. Located in game at Diamond Street and Albany Avenue, the interior of the Dragon Heart Plaza is prominently featured in The Ballad of Gay Tony, during "Chinese Takeout".
- 277-289 Canal Street (The Oltarsh Building; former Major Theater); its in game replica is located at Columbus Avenue and Emerald Street. The game's rendition was modified to feature the fascia of 277 Canal Street on all four corners of the building. The building also houses the Videogeddon video game arcade, which is a destination in "Ruff Rider".
- 185 Canal Street (pre-2008/2009 renovation) (United Orient Bank); its replica in game is located at Albany Avenue and Diamond Street. While making use of the building's facade and lobby entrance design, the building is significantly smaller. And unlike 185 Canal, the GTA IV rendition also features a stock and news ticker.
- B.A.H. Finance
- Bridal Make Up & Hair Styling (Creative Trendy Styling House)
- Common Travel
- Cum Ming Traditional Massage
- Go-Go-Gold Jewelry
- Dim Sum
- Fashion Jewelry
- Hack Computer Inc
- High-End Massage Spa
- J.J. Frozen Food Co.
- Lax Convenient Store
- Lee Finance
- Liberty City Telecom
- People Sport
- Super Real Fashion Jewelery
- 馬來西亞·新加坡 (星洲)·汶萊 星巴克咖啡 Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei Starbucks Coffee
- 怡可樂 ECola
- 紅木香煙 Redwood Cigarettes
- 自由城同濟中醫館 Liberty City Tongji Traditional Chinese Medical Center
- 中國國際廣播電台 (國際台) China Radio International (CRI)
- 中央人民廣播電台 (中央台) China National Radio (CNR)
- Sweet Potato Hair
- 自由城銀行 Bank of Liberty
- 吉川春代文化書局 Kak Chuin Chun Doi (Pierce balls) Bookstore
- 自由城萎自爾電視網路 Weazel Television Network
- 自由城萎自爾新聞台 Weazel News
- 自由城地面數字電視 Liberty City Digital Terrestrial Television
- 自由城有線電視 Liberty City Cable Television
- 自由城寬頻電視 Liberty City Broadband Television
- 自由城通訊社 Liberty City News Agency
- 自由城報攤 News Sand
- 自由城娛樂電視廣播有限公司 (自娛電視綜藝台) Conglomerated National Television
- 華僑娛樂電視廣播有限公司 (華娛電視家庭台) China Entertainment Television Broadcast Limited (CETV Family Channel)
- 蔡和平製作公司 Robert Chua Productions
- 九龍飛圖娛樂 (香港) 有限公司 Kowloon Fitto Entertainment (Hong Kong) Company Limited
- 臺北飛碟唱片 (臺灣) 有限公司 UFO Record (Taiwan) Company Limited
- 臺北仁雅股份 (臺灣) 有限公司 (優必勝) Taipei Jient Ya Tranding (Taiwan) Company Limited (U-Best)
- 臺北惠聚雷射有限公司 (惠聚) Taipei Fitto Entertainment (Taiwan) Company Limited (Fitto)
- 臺北雅歌傳播有限公司 (雅歌) Taipei Yako Enterprise (Taiwan) Company Limited (Yako)
- 臺北奇歌傳播有限公司 (奇歌) Taipei Chigo Enterprise (Taiwan) Company Limited (Chigo)
- 臺北友歌企業有限公司 (友歌) Taipei Yoko Enterprise (Taiwan) Company Limited (Yoko)
- 臺北你歌企業股份 (臺灣) 有限公司 (你歌) Taipei Nikko Enterprise (Taiwan) Company Limited (Nikko)
- 中國東方航空 China Eastern Airlines
- 中國南方銀行 China Southern Airlines
- 香港國泰航空公司 Cathay Pacific
- 新加坡航空公司 Singapore Airlines
- 馬來西亞航空 Malaysia Airlines
- 澳門航空 Air Macau
- 中華人民共和國領事館 Consulate General of the People's Republic of China
- 南洋·星洲聯合早報 Nanyang Sin-Chew Lianhe Zaobao
- 新加坡海峽時報 The Straits Times
- 臺北聯合報 Taipei United Daily News
- 香港南華早報 Hong Kong South China Morning Post
- 香港大公報 Hong Kong Ta Kung Pao
- 香港上海匯豐銀行有限公司 (匯豐銀行) The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited (HSBC)
- 奔周物業貸款 Ben Zhou (Penis) Property Loans
- 傻逼翻譯軟件 Sha Bi (Idiot) Translation Softwares
- 回春整容外科美容院 Beauty Money Can Buy Beauty Saloon
- 惠斯華斯爾啤酒 Pißwasser
- 何氏鴨店 S' Ho Duck Shop
- 波佳超级市場 Bo Gai Supermarket
- 杏家富貴 Heng Ka Fu Gwai (Whole family going dead)
- 騎呢健康食品有限公司 Kyle (Weird) Health Food Co. Ltd.
- 黄色網吧 Yellow (Porn) Cybercafe
- 地中海髮廊 Dei Zhong Hoi (Mediterranean Ocean *means bold in Cantonese*) Hair Saloon
- 番薯髮型屋 Sweet Potato Hair Saloon
- 柯蘭詩職業服務社 O Lan Si (Shit Happens) Job Service Center
- 藝技文化中心 Ai Gei (Homophone of Geisha) Cultural Center
- 香港菜粵語菜食物餐廳 Hong Kong Food Cantonese Cuisine Restaurant
- 新加坡菜中國菜食物餐廳 Singapore Food Chinese Cuisine Restaurant
- 利壹利財務 Lei Dab Lei (Debt cover Debt) Financial Company Ltd.
- 大耳窿財務 B.A.H Finance (Loan Sharks Finance in Chinese)
- 貴利王 Lee Finance (High Interests Finance in Chinese)
- 超假珠寶首飾 Super Real Fashion Jewelery (Super Fake Fashion Jewelery in Chinese)
- 睦福珠寶金行 Fortune Jewelry
- 統一企業 飛向健康快樂的21世紀 Uni-President China
- 老夫子公司 Old Master Q Corporation
- 植物一派 重慶奧妮 Chongqing Olive
- 超世紀水療按摩 High-End Massage Spa
- 佘王士多 Lax Convenient Store
- 自由城購物中心 Liberty City Shopping Center
- 粵港居點心坊 Dim Sum
- 黃綠藥房 Y G Drugs (Yellow Green Pharmacy)
- 流氓旅行社 Liu Mang (Hooligan) Travel Agency
- 貳叔公珠寶金行 Uncle E Jewellry
- 壹天堂中藥研究院 Institute of Chinese Medicine
- 大大煲廚具 Great Burning Kitchen
- 老來旺餐廳 Big Wang Restaurant
- 新萬年小食 New Centry Fast Food Restaurant
- 自由城電信 Liberty City Telecom
- 歡樂旅館 Happy Motel
- 中華樓 People Restaurant (China Floor)
- 金元寶珠寶首飾 Go-Go-Gold Jewelry
- 卡明古法按摩 Cum Ming Traditional Massage
- 大帝夜總會 Li Yi Nightclub
- 駭客電腦硬件 Hacker PC Components
- 補鞋大佬 Buxie Boss