Montage of Chumash
|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Country:||United States of America|
- "Beaches, sunshine, surf, frequent devastating natural disasters... Chumash prides itself on its small-town community feel, if your small town was full of designer boutiques and multimillion-dollar oceanfront mansions. Where the cool celebrities live..."
- ―GTAV digital manual
Chumash is located just along the Western Highway and is relatively close to the city of Los Santos. Chumash is described as the "land of beach hipsters" by Dave Norton, and that "beards are in fashion". It is implied that the town has a large Central Asian immigrant population; Tahir Javan is one notable example.
Chumash is somewhat wealthy and above middle class, as indicated by the large houses and the Chumash Plaza, a shopping centre with many different brands. It is also supposedly where all the "cool celebrities" live.
Chumash is located on a strip of land between the Tongva Valley and the beach. Chumash mostly consists of houses, except for the famous dock and a few convenience stores. Chumash mostly sits on top of sand rather than soil. The settlement continues further south, but strangely the southern half of the settlement is a nameless part of Banham Canyon.
Chumash, for some reason, has a large amount of convenience stores, mostly 24/7. In fact, it is the area in the map with the most number of convenience stores.
The town strongly resembles the beach town of Santa Barbara, California. The name Chumash is the name of the Native Americans that are located in Santa Barbara, California.
Events of GTA V
Places of interest
- Chumash Plaza.
- Chumash Historic Family Pier (Santa Barbara Pier).
- Viewing Area.
- There are many random medium-price cars parked in front of the houses. Some private houses have up to 4 cars. Very few of them may be modified.
- The third house from the north has a wreck of some two door hatchback car. There's a hydraulic jack under the car, indicating restoration work.
- The fourth house to the north from the pier has an uncontrollable upside-down wooden boat under it.
- There's a unique uncontrollable Squalo suspended from a small purpose-built crane at the end of the pier. The crane looks like the ones that hold lifeboats on large ships.
- There's usually a Marquis, or two, in the sea here.
- The Barracuda Cafe (The Beachcomber Cafe)
- Belinda May's Beauty Salon
- Blaine County Savings Bank
- Chumash Pier Cafe (Ruby's Cafe)
- Chumash Pier Store (Malibu Beach Supply Co.)
- Davis Hardware
- Fleeca bank (Louis T Busch Real Estate)
- Hang Ten Surf Shop & Board Rental (Fish Grill Surf Shack)
- GoPostal (US Postal Office)
- Ink Inc.
- Mom's Pie Diner
- Nelson's General Store
- No Marks Cleaners
- O'Deas Pharmacy
- Rob's Liquor
Road and Streets
- Health Pack - Behind O'Deas Pharmacy in Chumash Plaza.
- Crowbar - Behind the Hang Ten Surf Shop & Board Rental.
- The name of the area likely comes from a tribe of Native American people who once inhabited the central and southern coastal regions of California, including Malibu. The word "Malibu" is also of Chumash origin.
- Signs at the borders of Chumash give the city's motto: "Where the surf sounds loudly." At times, Police Cruisers lurk behind the signs as part of a speed trap.
- In the screenshot of Chumash (seen above) there appears to be an axis in the beach house on the very left. This is possibly a mistake made by Rockstar as they forgot to remove the axis before taking the screenshot.
- The beach depicted in the picture has a lot more people in it than in-game.
- The LSPD will respond to crimes in Chumash, while the LSSD respond to crimes along the GOH between Los Santos and Chumash.