Chunder Wheel is a Ferris wheel located on a fairground in the Washington Beach area of Vice City. It still stands in 1984, but by 1986 the area is used for construction by Avery Carrington (the same place where Tommy Vercetti gets missions from him). It is unknown exactly what happened to the Ferris wheel and the fairground, though it is implied that Avery Carrington bought the fairground and demolished it to build either an office building or condominium.
There is a "mission trigger" mark in front of the wheel in GTA: Vice City Stories. Standing on it causes the wheel to stop briefly, allowing Victor to get on and take a ride.
- In Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, the cabins sometimes doesn't exist at all.
- Chunder means to vomit, which may imply that many people, after riding the Ferris wheel, vomit.
- The Chunder Wheel is a reference to The Wonder Wheel, an actual Ferris wheel in Coney Island, Brooklyn.
- A humorous A.I. glitch in Vice City Stories occurs if Victor boards a car with a passenger already aboard. The two will begin hurling insults and verbal abuse at each other for the duration of the ride (the dialogue being what is normally heard when Victor bumps into people in the street).
- Two rare glitches occur on the Chunder Wheel. The first glitch is when the riding pods will become invisible. The only way to fix this glitch is to quit the game and restarting it (PSP), or turn off and turn back on the game (PS2). The second glitch is when the riding pods will render unenterable and the only way to fix this is by doing the same fix as the invisible riding pod glitch.