|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Full name:||Cletus Ewing|
|Home:||Sandy Shores, Blaine County|
|Family:||Unnamed Grandmother (Deceased)|
|Main affiliation:||Trevor Philips|
Pump Action Shotgun
|Voiced by:||Ian Scott McGregor|
- "A decent shot and they'll go down easier than a whore's drawers."
- ―Cletus Ewing
Little is know about Cletus's life before the events of the game. He is portrayed as a friendly, stereotypical hillbilly living in Sandy Shores. He appears to be a military veteran, as he can be seen wearing dog-tags around his neck. He also became friends with Trevor at an unknown point in time.
Events of GTA V
Trevor meets Cletus in Sandy Shores, Cletus will be hunting some coyotes and will enlist Trevor to do some hunting challenges to see if Trevor is a good hunter. The challenges consists of shooting satellite dishes, tires of moving vehicles and coyotes. After Trevor completes the challenges, Cletus asks Trevor to meet him in Bayview Lodge in Paleto Forest, for some hunting lessons.
In his second meeting, Cletus introduces Trevor to some tips to go hunting, like using the wind to not be detected by the deers or using a deer call to locate animals. After Trevor kills all the necessary deer, Cletus will call Trevor to make a proposal: if Trevor kills any animal that he finds and sends to Cletus a photo of the corpse of the animal, Cletus will sell the animal meat and share the profits with Trevor. After this, the Hunting activities will be unlocked.
Cletus then continues to make appearances in the game only in the hunting minigame, he will send text messages to Trevor with comments about the corpses of the animals that Trevor kills and how much he thinks they are worth. He will also send challenges to Trevor complete along the hunting session, that include killing animals in a certain way or taking pictures of the corpse of specific animals. Completing this challenges help the player reach the gold medal in the hunting sessions.
- Cletus has a Lifeinvader account, you can see his profile on the friend's list of Ron Jakowski, unfortunately, his page is only accessible by friends.
- The photo on his Lifeinvader profile sugests that he is a fan of the band Love Fist.
- During his second Strangers And Freaks mission, he carries a shotgun that he never uses.
- During the mission "I Fought The Law", one of the protagonists will phone Molly Schultz on the number 346-555-0174. If the player dials this number after the mission, they will be put through to Cletus Ewing's voicemail ,possibly Cletus Beta Number.