- "Don't try ordering caviar at this tough Russian hangout in Hove Beach or you might end up with a permanent smile on your face."
- ―GTA IV Manual Description
Comrades Bar is a bar in Grand Theft Auto IV. It is located in Mohawk Avenue (directly opposite the Broker Safehouse), Hove Beach, Broker, Liberty City and is popular with the local Russian immigrant population.
The bar was frequented and owned by Vladimir Glebov before his death and is the base for his missions in Grand Theft Auto IV, while Mickey works as a bartender there. Early on in the game, the bar is close to being closed down due to customers smoking in the bar. Four missions start from the bar, starting with Bull in a China Shop, after Easy Fare from Roman. A baseball bat can also be found in the back of the bar.
Roman is uneasy being taken to the bar early on in the game, due to the possibility of meeting Vlad, but upon leaving becomes more confident. If you take him to the bar after Vlad has been killed, he says that they will raise their glasses to the late Vlad while they drink.
The interior of the bar, accessible during Uncle Vlad, Ivan The Not So Terrible and multiplayer (in all modes except Free Mode) features various references to previous GTA titles, including postcards from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City behind the bar, albums by OG Loc, Madd Dogg and Rudy LaFontaine in the jukebox, a framed picture of Vladimir Glebov near the back door, and dollar bills emblazoned with the prostitute on the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas box art behind the bar. There is also a Russian flag hanging on the ceiling and an unusable pool table.
- The music playing in the bar is Vladivostok FM as it is the favourite radio station of the Russian Mafia.
- In the mission Uncle Vlad, you can either ignore or kill Mickey, the bartender but whether you kill him or not, it won't effect the storyline in any way.
- The missions Uncle Vlad and Ivan The Not So Terrible are the only times when you can enter the bar in single player mode, though there is a glitch to get in, but once you do get in, you will be trapped inside as both doors are locked. To get out, you will have to either load a previous save file or commit suicide. The player can also enter the bar in multiplayer.
- Although the player cannot enter the bar in single player, if you position the video replay camera inside, you will find random patrons.
- It is likely that the Comrades bar was originally meant to be an accesible interior, due to the details put into it, and the presence of a pool table.