| MISSION |
Tommy Vercetti ponders how to erase his tracks from the incident in the mall
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Vice City|
|Location:||Starfish Island, Vice City|
|Target:||Tarbrush Café in North Point Mall|
|Conditions of mission failure:|
|Kill Lance Vance|
Vercetti Estate generating up to $5,000 a day
|Unlocks:||Cap the Collector (with all other assets completed)|
|Unlocked by:||Bar Brawl|
Mike screwed up the wiring to blow up Tarbrush Cafe and the police are now all over the place. Lance yells at him for this and sees no way of fixing this problem. Lance wants to bail out but Tommy doesn't like this idea. He thinks about pretending to be a cop to get past the heavy police presence to detonate the bomb themselves. Over at Vice Point, Tommy and Lance lure two cops into a garage and beat them up to grab their uniforms. They suit up and head to the Tarbrush Cafe in North Point Mall. Tommy detonates the bomb and the cafe blows up. This explosion causes Tommy to be wanted by the FBI but Tommy manages to evade them and heads back to his mansion with Lance.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get a wanted level so the cops will follow you into the lock-up
- Get two cops to follow you into the garage
- Take a cop car and go and plant the bomb at the Tarbush Coffee Shop in the Mall
- Get back to Vercetti Estate on Starfish Island
The reward for completing this mission is $10,000. The protection missions are now completed and the Vercetti Estate generates up to $5,000 a day. The Cop Outfit is always available from the Washington Beach police headquarters from this point onwards.
- The fact that Lance carries a Stubby Shotgun is a reference to Miami Vice where Philip Michael Thomas, who provides the voice for Lance, occasionally carries the same model shotgun.
- No matter what clothes the player is wearing when the mission is triggered, Tommy will be wearing the Street Outfit.
- Despite Tommy saying that you will need a squad car, you can take a civilian car.
- If Lance is still inside the coffee store when it explodes, he will safely respawn next to Tommy when gameplay resumes.
- This mission is named after the movie of the same name which starred Ray Liotta, the voice of Tommy Vercetti.
- After getting the cop outfit, the player cannot gain a wanted level until the cafe is blown up.
- After the cafe is blown up, the cops that are guarding the mall will still be on your side, killing the cops that want to get you.
- Lance can be killed pretty easily in this mission, so if cops come you must defend him from them.
- A recommended way to complete the mission is to get a durable and fast civilian vehicle, preferably a Rancher and blow up the cafe but after escaping from the mall, do not drive to the mansion, instead drive to the nearby Pay 'N' Spray and after eliminating the wanted level, drive back to the mansion to complete the mission.
|iPad 2 Version|