"Well, I guess it's coyote for dinner"
- Trevor Philips after running over a coyote
Coyotes can be found and hunted in Blaine County. If the protagonist approaches the coyote flees in the opposite direction. They can be run over along with shot and/or beaten to death. If you shoot a coyote in the leg, it can limit its mobility; only being able to walk instead of run.
- In the mission Target Practice, Cletus tasks Trevor to shoot down three coyotes with a Sniper Rifle.
- Also, in the Hunting minigame the player can sometimes be challenged to kill a coyote with a shotgun, however it is not obligatory.
- Coyotes mostly travel in packs and are mostly found in desert regions such as Sandy Shores, although they can be found in other areas of the map.
- Some online walkthroughs indicate that coyotes are dangerous and may attack the protagonist likes cougars do, but coyotes tend to run away instead when encountered.
- Coyotes were also featured in Rockstar San Diego's game Red Dead Redemption. These coyotes also travel in packs were mostly passive, but would often attack the player unlike the coyotes featured in the game. They also share the same sound files.
- ↑ New GTA V features revealed: customizable pet dogs, wild animal hunting, underwater missions, and more!, VR-ZONE, July 16th 2013.