(Rear quarter view).
|Vehicle class (GTA V)||Military|
|Vehicle type||Military vehicle|
|Body style||4-door SUV|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
- "The Crusader is a military-grade SUV popular with US armed forces in the Middle East and lesbians in the Pacific North West. Perfect for navigating hostile terrain like bombed-out villages and vegan craft fairs. Its four-cylinder diesel engine comes nowhere near to meeting US emission standards, but we're guessing that carbon footprint isn't top of your priority list."
- ―Warstock Cache & Carry webpage.
The Canis Crusader is an off-road vehicle that appears in Grand Theft Auto V. The vehicle is the military variant of the Mesa, and as such, receives different features suited for combat use, such as armour. The automatic wanted level acquired when entering Fort Zancudo can make the Crusader difficult to obtain, although the car can simply be purchased.
The SUV resembles a 2007–2009 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon for the sides and rear, with the front fascia being inspired by the UAZ 469. It may also be based on the Jeep J8, a military variant of the Jeep Wrangler.
In-game, it shares the design with the regular civilian Mesa, but with flat bumpers (as opposed to rounded bumpers seen on the Mesa). The Crusader always has a desert camouflage along with a military star printed on the sides, similar to the stars on Willys Jeeps during World War 2.
The Crusader is powered by a naturally-aspirated 4-cylinder diesel engine. Because of this, acceleration and top speed are unremarkable, but it makes up for this with better handling. However, oversteer may become a problem, especially at high speeds. Its high center of gravity may make it prone to tipping over on uneven terrain. It is not capable of very much besides surviving excessive gunfire and multiple crashes before stalling or catching fire. It is somewhat slower than the regular Mesa, but makes up for its better durability.
- Can be bought for $225,000 from Warstock Cache & Carry.
- Spawns during and can be obtained after completion of Trevor's fourth rampage, providing that the player leaves one un-destroyed during the mission. A topless Crusader can also be obtained in this mission.
- Found at Fort Zancudo.
- It can also be found driving outside Fort Zancudo if the player first approaches the fort before turning back to the highway.
- Once inside, Crusaders will pursue the player, with either two or three men inside.
- Will spawn in the hangar of any protagonist that bought it from Warstock Cache & Carry.
- There is a bug that prevents the Crusader from appearing in the player's hangar after purchasing it from Warstock Cache & Carry. If the character owns any aircraft, the Crusader will not appear in the vehicle roster, however, this has been patched, now the player can buy it and pick it up at the hangar normally.
- The Crusader is the second military SUV in the whole Grand Theft Auto series. The first is the Patriot, but only the 3D Universe model that is based upon the HMMWV and Hummer H1, as the HD Universe rendition (similar to the Hummer H2) does not have a military variant. In real life, Willys Jeeps are no longer used in combat, being replaced by the HMMWV, the real world equivalent of the Patriot.
- In the beta version of the game, the Crusader was the only vehicle in the Cargo Plane in the mission Minor Turbulence (as it was seen in the second trailer), but was replaced with a Merryweather Mesa.
- Due to the Crusader being classified as a Government/Emergency vehicle, it can't be modified at a Los Santos Customs.
- The Crusader's headlights seem to be more vulnerable to being broken than the civilian Mesa's. This is due to the flat bumpers, which are less protective than the rounded bumper on the civilian Mesas.
- Its engine noise is different from its civilian version, sounding similar to the Cavalcade and the Sandking.
- This vehicle is delivered by Pegasus if bought from Warstock Cache & Carry.
- The topless variant is available by purchasing it from Warstock Cache & Carry, it can vary from roofed and topless.
- Strangely, the Crusader can only be selected in a online race as a "SUV" instead of a off-road vehicle, despite the fact that it's highly recommended for off-roading, it doesn't apper in the off-road list, while the normal Mesa does.