- "Cuban gangbanger's car."
- — GTA Vice City Website.
The Cuban Hermes is, as the name suggests, a modified Hermes which serves as the gang car for the Cubans/Los Cabrones. As such, the car is commonly seen in the Cuban gang's territory in Little Havana, Vice City. It appears to be very similar to a 1948 Ford 2-door Coupe.
The Cuban Hermes sports noticeable differences, appearance and performance-wise. The car's engine emits a different engine noise similar to a turbocharged vintage V8 engine. In GTA Vice City, the Cuban Hermes is black with flames on the front; in GTA Vice City Stories, gray is used in place of black. Both renditions feature additional side exhausts alongside their conventional dual rear exhausts; the GTA Vice City rendition is known to emit flames from these exhausts when accelerating. In addition, the GTA Vice City Stories rendition of the car features wheels positioned further inwards into the wheel wells than those of a conventional Hermes. Although the color of the Cuban Hermes is light blue in GTA: Vice City Stories, you can make it black and similar to the one featured in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. You can do this by entering the "All Black Cars" cheat.
The Cuban Hermes has higher speed and acceleration then the normal Hermes and feels somewhat lighter. It has pretty good cornering abilities and stability.
- GTA Vice City
- Driven around Little Havana by Cuban gang members.
- GTA Vice City Stories
- In front of Umberto Robina's house.
- Driven around Little Havana by Los Cabrones gang members.
- Next to a house in central Little Havana.
- The Cuban Hermes is notably comparable to the Diablo Stallion from GTA III. Both cars are supercharged versions of regular models, both have similar custom flame paint jobs and both are used by gangs of Hispanic origin as their primary means of transport. Furthermore, both cars utilize the same engine sound.
- The Cuban Hermes is one of the only cars in GTA Vice City with a default radio station; the car will always play Radio Espantoso when entered.
- The car is possibly based on the similar Mercury car driven by the leader of the gang The Scorpions in the 1978 movie Grease.