- "Were you followed? You know what goes on here is our little secret."
- ―Catalina to Curly Bob.
Salvatore tells Claude that someone in the Leone Family is a rat, selling secrets to the Colombian Cartel who are manufacturing SPANK somewhere in Liberty City. Salvatore tells Claude to follow Curly Bob, a barman at Luigi's Sex Club 7 who has been spending more money than he earns at Luigi's.
Claude drives over to Luigi's and follows Curly Bob, who takes a taxi to Portland Harbor, where he meets Catalina and Miguel of the Cartel. Catalina hands Bob the SPANK, with Bob then telling them of the Leone Family's problems with the Triads and the Forelli Family. After Catalina and Miguel leave, Claude kills Curly Bob.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Park out the front of Luigi's Club. Curly Bob will be leaving shortly
- Curly's left the club, tail him
- Whack Curly Bob
- The traditional way to do this mission is to tail Curly Bob's taxi from a distance. His taxi will not show up on the radar so you have to be careful not to lose him, however there is also a 'spookometer' warning the player if they get too close, making this somewhat tedious. This is the only use of a 'spookometer' in the entire game.
- Another way to do this mission is to take a Taxi, Cabbie or Borgnine and park it directly behind the first taxi at the Sex Club 7, parallel to the curb and perpendicular to the alleyway. When Curly Bob gets in your taxi, you just have to drive him to the docks, making it relatively easy. Note that the player's taxi has to be in mint condition, otherwise Curly will get into another taxi. If both player's and mission defined taxis are smashed up, Curly will become spooked and the mission will fail.
- Curly Bob will leave the club at a pre-defined time, even if the player is not around the area. If this happens, the player can simply drive to Portland Docks and the cut-scene will play out like normal, but without having to tail the taxi or take a taxi to drive Curly Bob.
- Curly Bob can sometimes commit suicide by going over into the sea; if he does that it will not affect the mission,and will save ammo that the player would need in later missions. if he doesn't do that it is more than likely he would flee from Portland Harbor and sometimes run into oncoming traffic; if he does, there is a small chance that he would get knocked over and that would make it easier for the player to kill him with a baseball bat.
- The Spookometer technique was later used in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas in missions Snail Trail and Key To Her Heart.