|Vehicle type||Bus (coach)|
|Appearance(s)||GTA San Andreas (Beta) |
It is a large, blue and white coach. The vehicle's name, as well as a picture of a dachshund, are on the sides of the coach. The coach also has a red and blue front bumper.
- Often found driving around Los Santos International Airport and on the Great Ocean Highway and eastern highways.
- Can be bought for $525,000 in GTA Online from Warstock Cache & Carry.
- Sometimes seen parked on the street in Vespucci Beach .
- It is very similar to the Coach, which has only appeared in the 3D Universe games, with the exception of GTA IV's beta.
- It is the game's counterpart to Greyhound Lines.
- It is based on the real life MCI Renaissance E series bus
- Its name is possibly one of multiple plays; One is "Das hund" which is literally "The Dog" in German, which people have referred to riding Greyhound as "Riding The Dog".
- The other is the common mispronouncing of "Dachshund" as "Dash-hound".
- Another would be "Greyhound" as the coach is a satire of Greyhound.
- The Dashound has its own station in Textile City near Simmet Alley. However, instead of the station being used by Dashound coaches, it is used as a bus station for the buses of Los Santos. This station is also encountered in the mission The Bus Assassination.
- The Dashound was originally a vehicle meant to appear in GTA San Andreas, however it was removed for unknown reasons. Found in files as "dach.txd", it had GTA III truck wheels, different lights and a California number plate.
- The Dashound resembles the beta Coaches in GTA IV.