(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Bus (coach)|
|Capacity||10 (driver and nine passengers)|
|Appearance(s)||GTA San Andreas (Beta)|
Grand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto Online
|Manufacturer||Brute (HD Universe)|
- "Is there a more iconic image than a Dashound coach broken down at the side of the road in some armpit of the Midwest? Own a true slice of Americana, then put in a stripper pole and turn it into a party bus."
- ―Warstock Cache & Carry description.
It is a large, blue and white coach. The vehicle's name, as well as a picture of a dachshund, are on the sides of the coach. The coach also has a red and blue front bumper.
Unlike the Bus, it is rounded and has a more modern appearance, though it's still boxy on the sides and has just one door on the right, where passengers enter to sit.
GTA V + Online
- Often found driving around Los Santos International Airport and on the Great Ocean Highway and eastern highways.
- Commonly found parked near the entrance of the Hill Valley Church on West Eclipse Boulevard, Pacific Bluffs.
- Sometimes seen parked on the street in Vespucci Beach.
- Can be bought for $525,000 in GTA Online from Warstock Cache & Carry.
- It is very similar to the Coach, which has only appeared in the 3D Universe games, with the exception of GTA IV's beta.
- It is the game's counterpart to Greyhound Lines.
- It is based on the real life MCI Renaissance E series bus.
- Its name is possibly one of multiple plays; One is "Das hund" which is literally "The Dog" in German, which people have referred to riding Greyhound as "Riding The Dog".
- The other is the common mispronouncing of "Dachshund" as "Dash-hound".
- Another would be "Greyhound" as the coach is a satire of Greyhound.
- The Dashound has its own station in Textile City near Simmet Alley. However, instead of the station being used by Dashound coaches, it is used as a bus station for the buses of Los Santos. This station is also encountered in the mission The Bus Assassination.
- The Dashound was originally a vehicle meant to appear in GTA San Andreas, however it was removed for unknown reasons. Found in files as "dach.txd", it had GTA III truck wheels, different lights and a California number plate.
- The Dashound was modelled for GTA IV as a Coach bus. This model didn't make it into the game, but it was reused for GTA V featuring minor changes. The beta model was larger and has grey schemes.
- There is a mistake in GTA V, when the player enters the bus the name is misspelled "Dashhound" instead of Dashound.
- There's a rare glitch where if you steal a loaded Dashound, then leave it far away from the driver and walk away, the same driver will respawn on the vehicle and drive like nothing happened. Also, there is a glitch where the vehicle's wheels will move themselves from side to side, even with no driver. Same as the Bus.
- Close inspection reveals that the Dashound dog is showing its penis.
- This is one of the rare vehicles to let the player use the Sawn-off Shotgun, excluding bikes, the Blazer and the Caddy.
- If the vehicle falls on its side, it is very difficult, if not impossible, to lift back up on its wheels.