- "Is there a more iconic image than a Dashound coach broken down at the side of the road in some armpit of the Midwest? Own a true slice of Americana, then put in a stripper pole and turn it into a party bus."
- ―Warstock Cache & Carry description.
It is a large, blue and white coach. The vehicle's name, as well as a picture of a dachshund, are on the sides of the coach. The coach also has a red and blue front bumper.
Unlike the Bus, it is rounded and modern appareance, though it still boxy on the sides and has only the right door, where passengers enters to sit.
- Often found driving around Los Santos International Airport and on the Great Ocean Highway and eastern highways.
- Can be bought for $525,000 in GTA Online from Warstock Cache & Carry.
- Sometimes seen parked on the street in Vespucci Beach.
- It is very similar to the Coach, which has only appeared in the 3D Universe games, with the exception of GTA IV's beta.
- It is the game's counterpart to Greyhound Lines.
- It is based on the real life MCI Renaissance E series bus
- Its name is possibly one of multiple plays; One is "Das hund" which is literally "The Dog" in German, which people have referred to riding Greyhound as "Riding The Dog".
- The other is the common mispronouncing of "Dachshund" as "Dash-hound".
- Another would be "Greyhound" as the coach is a satire of Greyhound.
- The Dashound has its own station in Textile City near Simmet Alley. However, instead of the station being used by Dashound coaches, it is used as a bus station for the buses of Los Santos. This station is also encountered in the mission The Bus Assassination.
- The Dashound was originally a vehicle meant to appear in GTA San Andreas, however it was removed for unknown reasons. Found in files as "dach.txd", it had GTA III truck wheels, different lights and a California number plate.
- The Dashound was modelled for GTA IV as a Coach bus. This model didn't make it into the game, but it was reused for GTA V featuring minor changes.
- There is a mistake in GTA V, when the player enters the bus the name is misspelled "Dashhound" instead of Dashound.
- There's a rare glitch where if you steals a loaded Dashound, then abandons it far of the driver and walk away, the same driver will respawn on the vehicle and drives like nothing happened. Also, there is a chance where the vehicle's wheels are turning itself from side to another without anyone on it. Same as the Bus.