It also appears in the handling file of Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. In GTA Vice City it can be seen with a banner attached to the tail. The banner differs in the PS2 version and the Xbox and PC versions. In the PS2 version the banner will have the generic newspaper with the SWAT team headline, while in the other two the Zombie Elvis Found! paper can be seen. The Dead Dodo is essentially an unobtainable version of the regular Dodo. It has a slightly darker skin texture in contrast to its controllable counterpart, along with flashing white and red strobe lights. Shooting the plane down can result in a three-star wanted level, but can escalate into a four-star wanted level upon explosion. The plane is in no way solid, so if the player somehow manages to reach it's set height, they will just phase right through it. This remains the same in the missions. It is only solid to weapons. Despite it being unobtainable, it can be set on fire. Spawning through third-party trainers, such as the garage editor will crash the game upon appearing as it is a vehicle that relies only on a path.
Flight DAT Files
|DeadDodo (A Drop in the Ocean)||Flight4.DAT|
S.A.M. - Where it was to be destroyed so the cargo could be collected.
A Drop In The Ocean - Where it must be followed to capture cargo that it is dropping.
Mass: 25500 (as with most unobtainable vehicles)
Top speed: 140.0 knots
Acceleration: 24.0 knots
Braking rate: 10.00 knots
- The DeadDodo shares the same in-game name with the normal Dodo.
- Even with the use of the destroy all cars cheat, it does not affect the plane.
- It is possible to spawn the plane in Vice City without crashing the game by opening the default.ide file, finding the DeadDodo's line, switching its ID number with another vehicle and changing its type from "plane" to "boat". However, it cannot be controlled when entered.
- In GTA Vice City if you are to destroy the plane the banner it was pulling will just slowly descend towards the ground going directly downwards.
- The message on the banners in Vice City is 'Zombie Elvis Found' and uses the exact same picture as the GTA III newspapers.