Dead Man Walking
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Location:||Galileo Observatory, Vinewood Hills|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
|Protagonist(s):||Michael De Santa|
Did Somebody Say Yoga?
|Unlocked by:||Fame or Shame|
- Michael: "What do you need?"
- Dave: "This guy. Ferdinand Kerimov. The Agency claims he's dead. We at The Bureau think they're full of crap. We think he's being debriefed some place."
- Michael: "So?"
- Dave: "Apparently, he has some information which will put me and my superiors out of circulation. Those Agency fuckers have got the coroner's office locked down. We need you to verify the body."
- — Dave Norton, briefing Michael De Santa.
Dave asks Michael to meet him at the Galileo Observatory. During the meeting, Michael confesses that he robbed the jewelry store with Franklin and dares Dave to arrest him so that Dave can get more credit with the FIB.
Dave refuses. Instead, he asks Michael for a favor. An informant and suspected terrorist called Mr. K has been reportedly killed by the IAA. Dave wants Michael to enter the morgue in Strawberry and confirm that Mr. K is indeed dead. Because the IAA has the morgue secured, Michael must sneak in. Dave facetiously remarks that Michael should have no trouble playing dead, then knocks Michael out with his nightstick. He quickly tells Michael to call him when he wakes up. Michael then goes unconscious.
In the morgue, Michael awakes in a body bag. The bag is soon unzipped and two medical examiners begin preparing Michael's body for autopsy. Michael surprises the examiners, choking one while the other runs away. A guard soon appears who Michael can take down with a sneak attack. Michael then checks the corpses in the morgue. He discovers one with Mr. K's name on the toe tag, but the body is of a black woman, and so obviously not Mr. K. Michael calls Dave to relay the news. Dave tells Michael he must escape the morgue.
At this point, more guards appear. Michael must shoot his way through the first floor and up to the second where he retrieves his clothes and weapons. From there, Michael must shoot out a window and jump into a dumpster below. Michael must then evade the cops, after which he calls Franklin and asks him to meet at the oil derricks at El Burro Heights. Once there, Michael urges Franklin to flee Los Santos, arguing that the FIB will put Franklin's life in danger. Franklin states that Michael has helped him, and so he will help Michael. Michael thanks Franklin for his loyalty. Franklin leaves and the mission ends.
- Search the morgue for the body.
- Escape from the building.
- Escape through the window.
- Shoot out the window and escape.
- Lose the cops.
- Go to the oil derricks.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Accuracy - Finish with a shooting accuracy of at least 70%.
- Headshots - Kill 14 enemies with a headshot.
- Time - Complete within 09:30.
- Focused Killer - Kill 4 enemies using Michaels special ability.
- Unmarked - Complete with minimal damage to health and armor.
- @Ismorticianpete - "So I'm about to slice and dice at the morgue when the dude wakes up and goes psycho! Had to run for my life! Who says I got a boring job now!"
- @mandybrocoli - "You hear about that shootout at the coroners in South LS? Apparently IAA was involved. What's your call - terrorists or zombies?"
- If Michael doesn't "wake up" when the doctors are examining him, they will cut him open with a bonesaw, killing him. During this time, moving the camera around will result in some unique dialog between the doctors. The dialogue consists of them making insulting comments about Michael's body weight and general health.
- There's a plot hole during the initial cutscene of this mission. Dave knocks out Michael with a Nightstick and after doing this, tells Michael to call him when he gets to the morgue, but being knocked out, Michael wouldn't have been able to hear Dave's instructions. Though Michael could have either heard Dave as he was slipping into unconsciousness, or he assumed that ending up in the morgue was part of Dave's plan.
- Michael tells Dave in the mission's introduction cutscene that Trevor visited him "a couple days ago", even though the mission can be started straight after Fame or Shame. This is probably just a script oversight.
- One of the alarms that can be heard during the escape is the same used in TLAD mission Off Route, when Johnny Klebitz steals the Prison Bus.
- In Max Payne 2, there's an arcade mode also called Dead Man Walking.
- The guard that comes down to look for Michael wears the same clothes as Steve Haines.
- Every time after escape from the cops, Radio Ga Ga will always play in Los Santos Rock Radio.
- Franklin can be seen, at the oil derricks, talking on his phone when Michael calls him.