Dead Man Walking
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Location:||Galileo Observatory, Vinewood Hills|
|Protagonist(s):||Michael De Santa|
|Conditions of mission failure:|
Did Somebody Say Yoga?
|Unlocked by:||Fame or Shame|
- Michael: "What do you need?"
- Dave: "This guy. Ferdinand Kerimov. The Agency claims he's dead. We at The Bureau think they're full of crap. We think he's being debriefed some place."
- Michael: "So?"
- Dave: "Apparently, he has some information which will put me and my superiors out of circulation. Those Agency fuckers have got the coroner's office locked down. We need you to verify the body."
- — Dave Norton, briefing Michael De Santa.
Dave asks Michael to meet him at the Galileo Observatory. During the meeting, Michael confesses that he robbed the jewelry store with Franklin and dares Dave to arrest him so that Dave can get more credit with the FIB.
Dave refuses. Instead, he asks Michael for a favor. An informant and suspected terrorist called Mr. K has been reportedly killed by the IAA. Dave wants Michael to enter the morgue in Strawberry and confirm that Mr. K is indeed dead. Because the IAA has the morgue secured, Michael must sneak in. Dave facetiously remarks that Michael should have no trouble playing dead, then knocks Michael out with his nightstick. He quickly tells Michael to call him when he wakes up. Michael then goes unconscious.
In the morgue, Michael awakes in a body bag. The bag is soon unzipped and two medical examiners begin preparing Michael's body for autopsy. Michael surprises the examiners, choking one while the other runs away. A guard soon appears who Michael can take down with a sneak attack. Michael then checks the corpses in the morgue. He discovers one with Mr. K's name on the toe tag, but the body is of a black woman, and so obviously not Mr. K. Michael calls Dave to relay the news. Dave tells Michael he must escape the morgue.
At this point, more guards appear. Michael must shoot his way through the first floor and up to the second where he retrieves his clothes and weapons. From there, Michael must shoot out a window and jump into a dumpster below. Michael must then evade the cops, after which he calls Franklin and asks him to meet at the oil derricks. Once there, Michael urges Franklin to flee Los Santos, arguing that the FIB will put Franklin's life in danger. Franklin states that Michael has helped him, and so he will help Michael. Michael thanks Franklin for his loyalty. Franklin leaves and the mission ends.
- Search the morgue for the body.
- Escape from the building.
- Escape through the window.
- Shoot out the window and escape.
- Lose the cops.
- Go to the oil derricks.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Accuracy - Finish with a shooting accuracy of at least 70%.
- Headshots - Kill 14 enemies with a headshot.
- Time - Complete within 09:30.
- Focused Killer - Kill 4 enemies using Michaels special ability.
- Unmarked - Complete with minimal damage to health and armor.
- @Ismorticianpete - "So I'm about to slice and dice at the morgue when the dude wakes up and goes psycho! Had to run for my life! Who says I got a boring job now!"
- @mandybrocoli - "You hear about that shootout at the coroners in South LS? Apparently IAA was involved. What's your call - terrorists or zombies?"
- If you don't wake up when the doctors are examining you, they will cut you open with a bonesaw, killing you.
- While the doctors are examinating Michael, if the player does not move the camera and let the doctors continue talking, they will stop the conversation after some point and will only continue talking if the player move the camera, otherwise they will keep examinating Michael in silence and will not even kill him.
- One funny plot hole happens in the initial cutscene of this mission, Dave knocks out Michael with a Night stick and after doing this says to Michael call him when he gets to the morgue, but there is no way that Michael would be able to hear this and knows that he was supposed to call Dave, since he was already unconscious. Explanations for this would be that Michael either heard Dave as he was slipping or he assumed that ending up in the morge was part of Dave's plan.
- One of the alarms that can be heard during the escape is the same used in TLAD mission Off Route, when Johnny Klebitz steals the Prison Bus.