- "Hey Toni! Why don`t you swim over here and kiss my ass?"
- — Paulie Sindacco, satirizing Toni because he doesn't swim.
Dead Reckoning is a mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by Leone Family Don Salvatore Leone from the police station in Pike Creek, Shoreside Vale, Liberty City.
Toni visits Salvatore in prison, standing underneath the window of his cell. Salvatore is still irate at being put in jail and tells Toni that he wants revenge on Sindacco Family Don Paulie Sindacco before he leaves Liberty City. Toni drives to the dock at Cochrane Dam and sees Paulie in his boat. Paulie tells his men to shoot at Toni, who manages use a rocket launcher to blow up Paulie's boat.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Intercept Paulie Sindacco at the Cochrane Dam Power House
- Kill Paulie Sindacco. Don't let him get away
- Grab some wheels and ambush Paulie from the shore
Post Mission Phone Call Script
Toni Cipriani: Yeah?
Donald Love: Toni? It's Donald. No wait, don't hang up! I've got a very exciting proposition for you... please call round at my current... um... residence, and I'll fill you in. Toni...? Please, Toni, have a heart. I'm calling you with my last di...
The reward for completing the mission is $3,000 and the Shogun Showdown and Panlantic Land Grab missions. Also the Sindacco Argento as well as Sindacco Family members will no longer appear in Torrington, making the area safer.
- In this mission, when Paulie Sindacco says "Hey Toni! Why don't you swim up here and kiss my ass?". The sentence is however ironic as swimming was disabled in LCS after GTA San Andreas, but enabled in GTA Vice City Stories.
- Toni, after killing Paulie, will quote Elvis and say; "Ladies and gentlemen, Paulie Sindacco has left the building!" Also referencing the 'Zombie Elvis Found!' newspaper in GTA: 3 and GTA: VC. That newspaper existed in GTA: LCS in it's beta version.