Dead Skunk In The Trunk
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto III|
|Location:||Joey's Garage, Trenton|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
|Unlocked by:||Cipriani's Chauffeur|
- "There's a car stuffed with a stiff at the café near Callahan Point. One of the Forellis thought he was a wise guy, so he got what he had coming to him. Take the car to the crusher in Harwood, alright?"
- ― Joey Leone
Upon entry into the car, Claude is ambushed by the Forelli Brothers in two Sentinel cars (one in the Cafe's parking lot, and another across the road to the south). With the two cars in pursuit, the player must successfully bring the Manana to Harwood and have it crushed, body and evidence, at the crusher in the Harwood Autocrusher and Junkyard.
Alternatively, the player may destroy the Forellis' cars before entering the Manana, provided they have the firepower to do so as they both turn hostile the moment they are attacked or even noticed (e.g. trying to open their car doors). Doing so will make the drive to the Harwood crusher far easier.
The corpse-carrying Manana can be taken back to the player's safehouse and blown up in the garage. While this will fail the mission, after the garage closes and re-opens, this unique Manana can be saved and kept.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to the cafe and get in the car.
- Lose, avoid or kill the Forelli brothers.
- Take it to the crusher.
- Get out of the vehicle.
The reward for completing the mission is $10,000. A bonus of $10,000 is awarded immediately for each Forelli car destroyed, and it is possible to keep failing and repeating this mission, to go after the Forellis and continually accumulate these bonuses. The mission The Getaway is also unlocked.
Tips and Tricks
- To make the mission easier, you can just destroy the two Sentinels before getting in the Manana. You need a rocket launcher. You can get one by visiting Shoreside Vale, using the Porter Tunnel glitch and then the Subway glitch. Fire gunshots until it explodes and then you can get in the Manana and drive it to the crusher.
- The trunk has visible blood stains and, If the car is damaged and the trunk is torn, you can find a corpse in a fetal position inside. This is the only feature that makes this car unique.
- The difficulty of this mission lies on the Manana car being one of the slowest while the Sentinel cars being one of the fastest in the game.
- The Forelli's body has the same character model and dialogues as a Leone Family member in Saint Marks.
- The Manana will always be default greenish-grey. This is so because a spawned red Manana will make it hard to see the red bloodstains.
- The objective of this mission is similar to that of Last Requests, although Last Requests is a set up.
- Destroying both Forelli Sentinels gives $10000 - $5000 for each vehicle.