| MISSION |
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto III|
|Location:||Love Media Building, Bedford Point|
|Conditions of mission failure:|
|Unlocked by:||Escort Service|
- "A lesson in business, my friend. If you have a unique commodity, the world and his wife will try to wrestle it from your grasp, even if they have little understanding as to its true value. SWAT Teams have cordoned off the area around my associate and the package. Get over there, pick up the van and act as a decoy. Keep them busy until he should make good his escape."
- ―Donald Love
Decoy is a mission in Grand Theft Auto III given to protagonist Claude by media tycoon and businessman Donald Love from the Love Media building at the Bedford Point district of Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Claude drops by Love Media, looking for more work. Donald tells that SWAT and the police are guarding the Old Oriental Gentleman's location in Pike Creek, Shoreside Vale. Donald wants Claude to get in the van used by the Oriental Gentleman and act as a decoy to the police, in order to let the Oriental Gentleman escape.
Claude gets over to the location. He then gets inside the van, and gets a six-star wanted level. He drives the van away from the warehouse, making the police chase him, with the Oriental Gentleman then having the opportunity to escape.
- Once you get inside the van, head straight to the airport, as not many cops will spawn there. Just drive around until time's up.
- Have patience during the mission and focus on the driving. Try not to take too much damage as this will fail the mission.
- Another Method is to head straight for one of the player's hideouts (Shoreside Vale is the best option) and hide in there until the timer runs out. For some reason, the player is invisilbe to the Police/Army.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get over to Pike Creek and get in the decoy van
- Now lead the cops away from the warehouse
- When you have a five-star or six-star wanted level during the mission before entering the Securicar, only Police Cars and Enforcers will spawn chasing you, while the FBI Cars and Barracks OLs will form the roadblocks. If you lose the six-star wanted level before entering the Securicar and then enter it, the army will take over the LCPD with Barracks OLs and Rhinos, making the mission much harder. (Tested on PC & Android)