(Rear quarter view).
|Vehicle type||Sports car|
|Body style||2-door coupe|
|Capacity||2 (driver and 1 passenger)|
|Appearance(s)||GTA Vice City|
GTA Vice City Stories
|How/Where to get it||Parked|
The Deluxo is based on the DeLorean DMC-12, although various differences may be noted, including taillights more reminiscent of Ferrari's dual circular taillights from many of its 1970s and 1980s models, headlights and body shape similar to those of a Renault Alpine GTA/A610, and a wider spectrum of body colors. The Deluxo also resembles an Audi Quattro (1980-1991), and like the Quattro, it also has a front-engine AWD drivetrain.
The Deluxo is a fast car, but its speed is not on par with the Infernus or the Cheetah. The engine has the same sound as the Infernus in GTA Vice City, so it may possibly be a V8 as well. The vehicle's braking is pretty good and responsive, and handling is pretty satisfactory. However, as a result of its AWD drivetrain, the Deluxo suffers from some moderate understeer. To mitigate this understeer, take corners by braking as you approach and drifting lightly through them. Take care not to drift too heavily, as the rear end will swing wide and the car will oversteer.
The Deluxo is one of the better vehicles to drift with due to its AWD drivetrain. The Deluxo is also a good vehicle to go racing with. Its acceleration and speed is near the top level of all sports cars, and its AWD provides great stability in all conditions. However, the Deluxo is rather fragile, so take care to avoid crashing too much. Also, the vehicle tends to lose control when barely hitting objects at high speeds.
- The trip skip icon used in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas features the side profile of a Deluxo. The car is otherwise absent in-game. It may be a reference to the film series Back to the Future, which features a DeLorean-based time machine.
GTA Vice City
- Parked inside Sunshine Autos after completing the first list for the import garage.
GTA Vice City Stories
- Found at InterGlobal Films (sometimes appears in place of the Stinger).
- Parked in front of Gonzalez's apartment at Ducum Inn.
- Parked in Ocean Beach near the bridge going to the fairground.