|Game:||The Ballad of Gay Tony|
|Location:||Tony's Apartment, Little Italy|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
Bulgarin gets away
|Unlocked by:||Party's Over|
- Luis: "You're a pill-popping old queen, man. I'm a murdering maniac. But we survived, bro...we survived."
- Tony: "We did more than survive, amigo. We prospered. We took on this town and we won. We took on this place and we gave it the fucking finger. Fuck you all! I don't care what people say. Tony Prince and Luis Lopez could not be stopped!"
- ―Luis Lopez and Gay Tony after Ray Bulgarin's death
Departure Time is the final storyline mission in The Ballad of Gay Tony. Since dialogue states that "Rascalov is dead" by Timur in the mission, the mission would take place some time after the mission A Dish Served Cold (if the Revenge option is chosen), or after the mission A Revenger's Tragedy (if the Deal option is chosen). This would mean that the mission takes place after the events of Grand Theft Auto IV, and is also the final mission in the Grand Theft Auto IV trilogy.
Luis and Tony have a heated argument in Tony's Apartment over Luis contemplating killing Tony on the orders of Rocco Pelosi and Uncle Vince. However, since Luis killed Vince instead, both the Bulgarin Family and the Ancelotti Family are pursuing Tony. After the argument, Luis and Tony agree that they must confront and defeat Ray Bulgarin at the Funland in Hove Beach, Broker, and also destroy the Heroin he has stashed there. Luis and Tony drive there, and Luis tells Tony— who cannot return home or to the clubs for his own safety — to wait by the Monoglobe in Dukes for a few hours. Luis promises to meet Tony there if he survives.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go to Crocket Ave
- Go into Funland
- Destroy the heroin
- Get to the other side of Funland
- Destroy the remaining heroin shipment
- Take out Timur and get to the airport in 2 hours
- Get on the bike
- Get to Dukes Expressway
- Follow Yusuf to the airport
- Chase after The Blue Ghawar jet
- Take out Bulgarin's men
- Execute Bulgarin
- Go to the Dukes Monoglobe
Complete the mission in under 10:00
Take less than 50% damage
Kill 25 enemies via headshots
Have 70% Accuracy
After the cutscene, drive to the Funland in Hove Beach, Broker (don't destroy Tony's car on the way). Once there, Tony leaves for the Monoglobe and a short cutscene plays where Timur comment on Dimitri Rascalov's death. before the player regains control of Luis. Luis must make his way through the park and destroy four duck-shaped bins containing heroin whilst at the same time killing Ray Bulgarin's guards. Take cover as quickly and as much as possible, as the player can become surrounded and flanked very quickly. Rifles and explosives are recommended, and destroying the vans parked around the park can often destroys the bins, and the Explosive Shotgun can destroy the vans in a short space of time and from considerable distances.
After destroying the bins, Luis discovers that Ray is not in the park. A First Aid Kit can be found near the last van if the player needs it, or the player can replenish their health from the food vendors on the boardwalk, where they can also find some body armor. Head to the east side of the park, killing any guards that may be present, and destroy the final bin. After the last bin has been destroyed, Timur arrives with backup and explains to Luis that Bulgarin is at the airport and is heading back to Europe in his private jet. Kill Timur before he escapes. A Bati Custom can be found outside the park, which Luis takes and uses to ride to the airport.
Luis rides to the airport via the Broker-Dukes Expressway. Along the way, Yusuf Amir calls and Luis explains the situation. Yusuf offers to help, but Luis declines. However, upon reaching the Expressway, Yusuf appears in his gold Buzzard. Luis follows Yusuf, who will destroy any pursuing Russians with homing missiles.
After reaching the airport, Yusuf wishes Luis luck and departs. Luis drives onto the runway and sees Bulgarin's jet preparing to take off. Be sure to lean forward on the bike when driving along straights, as this can increase the player's speed. The plane makes a sudden right turn, so the player must follow suit. The plane's doors open and one of Bulgarin's guards begins shooting at Luis. The player must kill him quickly and regain their speed. Luis kills the guard and jumps on the plane's doors before they close. Once inside, the player must take out the last of Bulgarin's goons. After taking them out, Bulgarin exits the cockpit holding a grenade. Bulgarin threatens to activate the grenade if Luis shoots him, but Luis claims he will "take his chances". The player must execute Bulgarin, who drops the grenade, which activates. The jet explodes in mid-air. Luis, who survived, collects a parachute and jumps out of the jet before it crashes into the sea. Luis parachutes back to Liberty City. When he lands, head to the Monoglobe in Dukes.
Upon arriving, a cutscene plays showing a homeless man walking the street looking for food. Luis bumps into him, which knocks over a bin. Luis helps the man to his feet and walks off, after which the homeless man finds a bag containing Bulgarin's diamonds in the bin. He then walks away laughing with joy.
Tony meets Luis, where the duo make amends. Tony reflects on how he squandered his ambition to see the world by going to Algonquin, where '...the world came to me.' Luis still remains a little cynical, amused that the two men have become so close considering their vastly differing personalities. Yusuf arrives and congratulates the duo for "winning", later mentioning that he wants to franchise the clubs. Tony points out that his clubs are more about the people than the style, before Yusuf replies that Tony should "Whip out your dick and piss all over them!". The three men walk away, which ends the game.
After the Mission
- The reward for completing this mission is $10,000. Yusuf's Golden Buzzard also becomes available to the player, much like his Super Drop Diamond, and can be collected from the Helipad on the West River in Algonquin.
- The player can now call Henrique for an APC and Armando for a Gold SMG.
- The player can replay all the game's storyline missions, via the "missions" section on Luis' phone.
- Timur - Killed by Luis for threatening and attempting to murder him.
- Ray Bulgarin - Killed by Luis for threatening and attempting to murder him and Tony.
- Members of the Bulgarin Bratva - Killed by Luis and Yusuf in order to destroy the heroin and to get to Bulgarin's plane.
Tips & Tricks
- Propane tanks can be found in the park, often with Bulgarin's guards standing next to them. Shooting the tanks can kill a number of enemies at once whilst saving ammunition.
- The buildings surrounding the park can be used to get a good vantage point with the sniper rifle.
- Whilst chasing Bulgarin's jet, pushing the (Xbox 360/PLAYSTATION 3 controller) can tilt Luis forward, increasing his speed.
- When parachuting back to the Monoglobe, holding back the (Xbox 360/PLAYSTATION 3 controller) can make the player travel closer towards the Monoglobe.
- The explosive shotgun is recommended for killing Timur.
- When the duo arrive at Funland, Tony says that he is going to hide in Middle Park, despite the Monoglobe being located in Meadows Park.
- The song featured in the parachute scene after Ray's death and Luis' clever remark was No Security by Kelis Ft. The Crookers, this song can also be heard on Electro-Choc.
- Ray's clothes might change if the mission is replayed frequently.
- The Bati Custom used in this mission cannot outrun Yusuf's Buzzard, meaning it will never get caught in Yusuf's rocket blasts. This is also the only chance to obtain the Bati Custom in TBoGT.
- The four-star wanted level earned for entering the airport is also scripted differently. Despite the wanted level being earnt normally, no police officers will spawn in the airport, most likely to make it easier for the player to chase Bulgarin's plane.
- This mission has a similar resemblance to the GTA SA mission Stowaway. Luis and Carl must enter the plane by riding the motorcycle given to them up the runway onto either a ramp or staircase. Once on the plane, they need to kill all the passengers on board and complete the main objective. Once finished, the mission ends with Luis and Carl jumping from the destroyed aircraft, and parachuting back down to the ground from extreme heights.
- The place in Funland where Luis exits the car is the same place where Roman is picked up by Niko during That Special Someone.
- During the part where Luis has to make his way to the airport, even if the missiles fired from the Buzzard miss the Russian mob's cars, they will still be destroyed.