|Game:||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Location:||Trevor's Trailer, Sandy Shores|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
Train gets away
Trevor doesn't reach the top of the train
Trevor falls from the top after a certain point
Michael De Santa
|Unlocked by:||The Paleto Score|
- Trevor: "It's always been a dream of ours...The train of dreams..."
- Michael: "The hell are you talking about?"
- Trevor: "I'm talking about gold. Enough to keep Ron in trailers and you in therapy. Enough so that we can pay off that Mexican and get you back into town, baby, yeah!"
- — Trevor Philips explaining the "monthly train" to Michael De Santa.
Michael is in Trevor's trailer when Ron Jakowski arrives. The two exchange quips. Soon, Trevor also arrives. Merryweather Security is transporting precious cargo via train. Trevor wants Michael's help to steal the payload.
The player, as Trevor, takes a Sanchez to the tracks east of Sandy Shores. Trevor uses the cliffs alongside the tracks to jump aboard the train. He then rides the bike across the train cars, eventually reaching the engine compartment and there knocking out the conductor in order to assume control. Trevor bypasses the Merryweather unit waiting at the Paleto Bay station where the train was intended to stop.
The player is shifted to Michael who is in a scuba suit and is piloting a Dinghy up Cassidy Creek. When Michael reaches a spot near the creek's train bridge, he looks up to see Trevor drive the Merryweather train head on into another locomotive, causing a tremendous crash. Trevor jumps free and splashes into the creek which is now filled with cargo containers. Michael blows the doors of off the target container in order to get the payload located inside.
Once the doors have been destroyed, the player is shifted back to Trevor who must fend off oncoming Merryweather boats, helicopters, and snipers. When Michael has the payload, Trevor jumps into the Dinghy and the two rush down the creak towards the ocean; all the while, the player as Trevor must continue to fend off waves of Merryweather troops. The two eventually reach open water and beach the craft near two separate escape vehicles. They open the briefcase Michael obtained from the shipping container. The briefcase contains an ancient artifact.
Michael wants to give the artifact to Martin Madrazo as a way to apologize for Trevor's kidnapping of Patricia Madrazo, Martin's wife. Trevor refuses. Michael offers to help Trevor take down the Union Depository if Trevor agrees. Trevor is skeptical, but Michael insists that with Franklin's help, they can do it. Trevor agrees. Michael takes the artifact and leaves, ending the mission.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Time - Complete within 11:30
- Fastest Speed - Reach top speed on the Sanchez
- Better than CJ - Land on the train using the 1st jump.
- The events of the mission were first shown in the second Grand Theft Auto V trailer, where Trevor jumps from the bridge before the train crash.
- The optional task "Better than CJ" is a reference to Wrong Side of the Tracks in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas which has CJ riding a dirtbike and chasing after a train, very similar to what Trevor does. It is also a reference to the popular line said by Big Smoke "All you had to do, was follow the damn train CJ!" after failing the notoriously difficult mission.
- After the mission has concluded Trevor is left with his getaway car and the Dinghy on the beach. This is a good opportunity to use the Dinghy to dive for the weapons in the Alamo Sea from the Minor Turbulence mission.
- This is the only time you can drive a Train.