The Diablo Stallion is a two-door gang-muscle car, based on the Stallion, featured in Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto Advance, and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. The car is known simply as the Diablo in GTA Advance.
The Diablo Stallion is essentially the gang car of the Diablos gang in GTA III, GTA Advance and GTA Liberty City Stories. Distinguishable by its black body with painted flames running across the bottom of the sides and a supercharger clearly visible on the top of the hood, the Diablo Stallion also is the only hardtop Stallion in the games it is featured in and has noticeably lower ground clearance. The GTA Advance rendition is only color black, purple and red with no visible painted flames.
It is worth noting that while both GTA III and GTA Liberty City Stories feature conventional Stallions alongside the Diablo variant, GTA Advance doesn't.
The Diablo Stallion is an eight-cylinder, customized classic with tons of torque and high-end performance. The main drawback is that there were few to no modifications to the Stallion's suspension (despite a lowered ride height), meaning that although the car can go very fast, it doesn't turn corners well.
- A black Stallion with a flame paintjob (similar to a Diablo Stallion) appears in Bully during Shop Class, along with the Regina. The Stallion does not have a hood-mounted supercharger though.
- King Courtney's spoken orders in the GTA III mission Gangcar Round-up incorrectly state that the Diablo gang car is an Infernus. The subtitles, however, call it a Stallion. The reason for this is because in the beta, the Diablos were supposed to drive Diablo Infernuses, but they were replaced because they were too classy for a low-class gang. The mission entails stealing one of their modified Stallions, as well as a Mafia Sentinel and a Yakuza Stinger, for attacks on these gangs.
- The Diablo Stallion is notably comparable to the Cuban Hermes from GTA Vice City. Both cars are supercharged versions of regular models, both have similar custom flame paint jobs and both are used by gangs of Hispanic origin as their primary means of transport. Furthermore, both cars utilize the same engine sound.
- In GTA Advance, the music played in the Diablo Stallion is "Toys Are Real" by Flymutha; this song appeared in GTA 2 on the station Funami FM.
- GTA III and GTA Liberty City Stories
- Can be found driving around Hepburn Heights, Portland Island, Diablo Gang turf.
- It spawns around northeastern Harwood and in Hepburn Heights, but after the mission, Sindacco Sabotage is completed, the Diablo Stallions spawn rarely because of the Diablos losing some turf in Hepburn Heights.
- Can be seen all around Liberty City during the Firefighter side missions, like any other gang car in the game.