In its only appearance, the Dignity appears to be a yacht-styled boat which is used for parties. The Dignity only appears as a static scenery element in Daddy's Little Girl and can't be destroyed or driven. In the mission Michael De Santa swims to the boat, ends the party that Tracey De Santa was having, and then after threatening Tracey's friends, leaves the boat with Tracey's friends and the owner chasing them. The boat cannot be found before or after the mission.
The Dignity is almost directly copied from the yacht present in the video game Max Payne 3, also developed by Rockstar. It's present in the beginning of the game's mission Sun Tan Oil, Stale Margaritas and Greed. It suffers from notable aesthetics alterations, mainly the lack of any interior, different textures and the USA flag on the back.
|This article or section refers to content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V, that is not featured on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
In the enhanced version of GTA V the design is altered slightly with a more modern appearance with a more swept back superstructure. There is a helipad on the rear of the top deck.
In the GTA Online, the Dignity appears to have a retractable locker door in the back.
- Interestingly, the bollards on the rear of the boat are shaped like the "V" from the logo of GTA V.
- The name of the boat is a joke on the fact that is an exclusive boat for "people with dignity".
- The name "Dignity" perhaps pays homage to the song of the same name by Scottish band Deacon Blue. The song's subject is about a man who is saving to buy a boat with the intention of calling it Dignity.
- While only the back of the boat is supposed to be accessible during the mission, the player can spawn a Buzzard through cheat codes during the mission and fly over to the rest of the yatch, finding more of the reused exterior deck from Max Payne 3.
- Interestingly, the Dignity can still be seen in the background of Dr. Friedlander's office during the mission Reuniting the Family, however, after the cutscene, the boat will disappear.