| MISSION |
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto IV|
|Location:||Mr. Fuk's Rice Box, Alderney|
|Conditions of mission failure:|
Kim Got Away
|Unlocks:||Liquidize the Assets|
|Unlocked by:||Babysitting and Entourage|
Dining Out is a mission given to the player by Jon Gravelli.
Niko and Gravelli meet at the hospital again. Gravelli tells Niko about some Korean that moved into the country and sold money at discount. He can be found at Mr. Fuk's Rice Box in Alderney City. Niko goes to the restaurant and tells the attendant that he is Kim's friend, but is not allowed in because "Kim got a lot of money, he don't need no friends." . Niko ignores that and goes in shooting up the place. Niko finds the manager and asks him where is Kim. He tells Niko that Kim is leaving through the kitchen. Niko goes out through the kitchen and kills Kim.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Head over to the restaurant
- Go inside the restaurant
- Look for Kim in the Manager's office
- Question the manager to find Kim
- Don't let Kim escape
Head over to Mr. Fuk's Rice Box in Alderney. Walk up to the door of the restaurant but don't go in. Instead, go to the back of the restaurant and use a Rocket Launcher or a Grenade to blow up the car and motorcycle (these are Kim's escape vehicles. Without them, he'll try to flee on foot).
Head into the restaurant. The attendant will tell you that Kim isn't here, and then attempt to kill you if you walk past him. Go to the right entrance to the restaurant and gain cover. Kill Kim's goons but watch Niko's health. A grenade or SMG would be useful here. If available, Dwayne's friendship ability (two gangsters providing backup) may be useful, as you will likely be taking fire from several directions at once.
Once all the goons are dead, go into the manager's office. There is a choice here: kill the manager to save time or point your gun at him threaten him into a conversation. Either way, the game prompts the player to look for Kim in the kitchen. Kill the goons that respawned with an SMG or Micro-SMG then run into the kitchen. There will be a small number of goons in the kitchen, end them and run after Kim. He will run down the fire escape and try to escape in a car.
If you blew up the car in the beginning of the mission, Kim will escape on foot, meaning that you can stay on the fire escape and kill him with an SMG or Sniper Rifle. Alternatively, you can use a car bomb provided by Patrick McReary to explode the car, if available; just put the bomb in the car, enter the restaurant, and when Kim escapes, detonate the bomb.
Jon Gravelli will call after the mission and say that Niko did an amazing job.
- Kim Young-Guk - Killed by Niko on orders of Jon Gravelli for devaluing the currency.
- The Restaurant Manager (Optional) - Niko can kill him or let him live.
- Many of Kim's goons - Killed by Niko in a shootout.
- Brucie Kibbutz calls during the mission asking if Niko wants to go get something to eat, to which Niko responds, "I can't, I'm already going to a Korean place" The call serves no purpose other than as an ironic joke, similar to Brucie's other call in Undress to Kill, Little Jacob's calls in Have a Heart and I'll Take Her and Roman's calls in Rigged to Blow and Shadow.
- If you steal one of the henchmen's cars, one of the goons will still come out of the sunroof and aim his gun even though you are driving.
- You can use the computer in the managers office. When logging in, it will say "Welcome Niko, to Eyefind.info". This is odd, as it would presumably be logged in under the manager, as was the case in Wrong is Right when using another computer.
- If you already befriended Dwayne and he likes you enough to send you backup, when you enter the restruant and then you start the cutscene, your backup will glitch. One of them will be on top of the roof or on some occasions, will disappear and the other will become invisible and only appear if you bump into him.