(Rear quarter view)
|Also known as||Oversized Shopping Cart (by Trevor)|
|Vehicle type||Industrial vehicle|
|Body style||Dock handler|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
The Dock Handler is a large forklift truck designed to lift and carry shipping containers. While not fitted with a standard two-pronged forklift arm, it instead has a large overhead magnetic toploader arm which attaches to the tops of shipping containers and then lifts them so they are able to be moved. It is the tallest land vehicle in the game. The vehicle is entered via a suicide door (which swings open backwards) on the vehicle's left hand size. The vehicle commonly appears in either a blue or grey colour, and is a front-wheel drive vehicle.
Because of its primary use as an industrial vehicle, the Handler is very slow and its heavy weight makes it an unsuitable choice for high-speed driving and maneuvers, due to its rear-wheel steering and wide turning radius.
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / kph)
(Capacity + Layout + Fuel)
AWD / FWD / RWD
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||25 / 40||
6000 / 13228
Mass cannot be observed.
- Can be found in the Port of Los Santos.
- Can be obtained by doing the mission A Titan of a Job, the player must be occupied with another player, one player takes the Titan, while the other is inside the Dock Handler, It is behind the two red containers in the Hangar.
- The Handler is featured in the mission Scouting the Port, where Trevor is working undercover with Floyd Hebert to survery a Merryweather container ship docked at the Port of Los Santos. Whilst there, a dock worker orders Trevor and Floyd to move two shipping containers. To maintain their cover, Trevor and Floyd use a Dock Handler to move the containers to their desired locations.
- Because it shares its entrance animations with the Dump, the protagonists will not use the Handler's ladder and simply jump up to the door. Due to the shared animations, the character will also turn the steering wheel in the wrong direction. This has been fixed in the Enhanced Version.
- Because of the Handler's high body, it is unsuitable for freeway driving as the vehicle's crane arm will crash into bridges and overhead gantries. Since the docks are surrounded by low-hanging obstructions, such as hills, bridges and signs, it can be very difficult to drive the Dock Handler out of the port.
- In free-roam and GTA Online, the Handler can only accomodate the driver. However, in Scouting the Port, Floyd Hebert stands on the railings outside the cab.
- If the player attempts to load a container onto a Flatbed, both vehicles will explode.
- While showing no manufacturer names when entered, the police radio chatter reveals that the Dock Handler is manufactured by HVY.
- If it is occupied in a GTA online session, the Dock Handler is one of two vehicles (the other being the Submersible) in GTA Online not to have a radio. In the enhanced version, however, the Submersible has now been fitted with a radio, making the Dock Handler the only vehicle in GTA Online not to contain a radio.