(Rear quarter view)
|Also known as||Oversized Shopping Cart (by Trevor)|
|Vehicle type||Industrial vehicle|
|Body style||Dock handler|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
The Dock Handler is a large forklift truck designed to lift and carry shipping containers; While not fitted with a standard 2-prong forklift arm, it instead has a large overhead toploader arm that grapples the tops of shipping containers and then lifts them so they are able to be moved. The vehicle is featured in the mission Scouting the Port. It is taller than any other land vehicle in the game, including the Dump, due to its tall arm. It has a big lift that can be used either freeroam or in the mission. Its entrance door is on the left side of the vehicle, and it swings open backwards (suicide door).
The Handler seems to share the same performance with the Cutter, being slow and hard to maneuver at high speeds due to the rear-wheel steering. Its heavy weight makes it slow and unsuitable for high-speed driving or maneuvers. The Handler is front-wheel drive.
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / kph)
- Can be found in the docks area, where they are used for carrying containers. Is not frequent, but can appear in grey or blue color.
- Can be obtained by doing the mission A Titan of a Job, the player must be occupied with another player, one player takes the Titan, while the other is inside the Dock Handler, It is behind the two red containers in the Hangar.
- When entering this vehicle the character acts like the ladder wouldn't even be there, simply jumping up and pulling himself up to the door.
- The arm the crate lifter is attached to is so large that it can't drive down freeways because the arm will crash into bridges and overhead gantries. In fact the spawn location in GTA V is infact totally blocked off with obstacles (hills, bridges and signs), so the Dock Handler is nearly impossible to get to the Downtown or even Sandy Shores.
- Even though Floyd Hebert can be a passenger on the Dock Handler, if you call someone to hang out with they will always recognize the vehicle as a 1 seater.
- It can grab small containers (the blue ones near his location).
- Any attempt to load a Flatbed (the nearest vehicle) with a container, it explodes instantly.
- While showing no manufacturer names when entered, the police radio chatter reveals that the Dock Handler is manufactured by HVY.
- If it is occupied in a GTA online session, the Dock Handler is the only land vehicle in GTA Online not to have a radio. The Submersible is the only sea vehicle to not feature a radio.