- "Baby boomer teen dream repackaged for the mass market generation. A muscle car without the muscle that's rental vehicle of choice for tourists looking for a slice of 'real' Americana."
- ―Southernsanandreassuperautos.com description
The main body of the Dominator seems to be heavily inspired by the fifth generation Ford Mustang, with flared wheel arches, connected to the elevated area that spans the lower body. The front headlight pockets are taken from the fifth generation Mustang, with the circular headlights, squared grille and hood being skewed forwards and down.
Halfway up the body, the main body line makes a sharp angular turn, signaling the classical inspiration of the first generation Mustang. The car features twelve spoke wheels, wrapped in low profile tires.
The rear hatch closely resembles a fastback design, also taken from the first generation Mustang. The front grille design, rear fascia and taillights and are derived straight from the 1970 Ford Mustang fastback. The rear lights are placed on an impressed area between the rear spoiler and rear bumper which resembles the forth generation mustang (New Edge 1999-2004). The rear bumper features circular dual exhaust with chrome tips.
The Dominator features a front engine, rear wheel drive layout. The car also features a high torque V8 engine, which gives it fast acceleration and a above average top speed. However, due to its excessive torque levels, the car suffers from a common muscle car problem: the engine supplies too much torque for the transmission and wheels to handle, causing it to fishtail if the gas is applied when cornering, and acceleration tends to take a while to boost the car off to a high speed.
GTA V Overview
(0 - 60mph / 0 - 100km/h)
(mph / kph)
(Capacity + Layout + Fuel)
AWD / FWD / RWD
Number + Type
(Kg / lb)
|n/a||145 / 233||
1600 / 3527
|5.9 Seconds||120 / 193||
FR Supercharged V8
Mass cannot be observed.
It can be modified at Los Santos Customs:
|This article or section refers to content in the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC renditions of Grand Theft Auto V, that is not featured on the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 versions.|
For a complete list of the features of the "enhanced" version of Grand Theft Auto V, please see here.
The enhanced edition of Grand Theft Auto V features a unique Dominator with a Pisswasser livery, exclusively for players returning from PS3/Xbox 360. This variant appears during the Stock Car Races and will become available in each protagonist's garage once the player wins the 3rd stock car race.
The stock cars may be modified further at Los Santos Customs including the ability to respray the underlying color. The sponsorship decals can not be changed or removed.
Like all of the race version of vehicles within GTA V, the race version does sport much improved performance over the standard Dominator, having much better braking (one of the best of Muscle cars in story mode), a more rapid acceleration, as well as a higher top speed. There is however, no change in handling characteristics from version to version.
The Pisswasser Dominator was originally purchasable from Southernsanandreassuperautos.com.
List of sponsors on the livery
- Found in the Kortz Center parking lot during The Wrap Up.
- Spawns in the driveway opposite the house of Peter Dreyfuss in A Starlet in Vinewood
- After replaying The Wrap Up, the Dominator will start spawning more frequently, but in random locations. Sometimes, it will spawn very commonly near Los Santos International Airport at night, and other times, it will spawn in Rockford Hills, both at night and during the day.
- The Pisswasser Dominator can be found at each protagonists' garage after winning the third Stock Car Race.
- A pre-modified Dominator can occasionally spawn at the Los Santos Customs in Burton. (PS4/XBOX ONE only)
- Commonly spawns when requested by Simeon.
- Can be bought from Southernsanandreassuperautos.com as of patch 1.13.
- Spawns commonly in Pillbox Hill if driving another muscle car.
- When you play Cops Capacity from Lester Crest there's a pre-modified, armoured yellow Dominator provided at his warehouse, however the ability to keep vehicles obtained during missions has subsequently been patched and players will no longer be able to store this vehicle.
- The Dominator is one of the first modern pony cars to appear in the Grand Theft Auto series. The others are the Vapid Hellenbach and the Bravado Gauntlet.
- The car's beta name was "Bullett", as shown by Los Santos Customs' Lifeinvader page. This would have been a clear reference to the 1968 film Bullitt, which features a legendary chase around San Francisco that sees Steve McQueen pursuing villains in his Ford Mustang GT; in 2008, Ford released a special Bullitt edition of the fifth generation Mustang, on which the Dominator is based, in homage to the movie. The name was likely changed because there is already a car named Bullet.
- Despite the Dominator being a "new" car, it still features a carbureted engine, which is a characteristic also found on the Bravado Gauntlet. The interior also features hand-cranked windows, instead of power windows as is the standard.
- The Dominator is one of the few vehicles which may spawn with chrome, this being the racing stripe that runs along the the hood of the Dominator.
- The Banshee is another car that can rarely spawn with chrome as a secondary color like the Dominator.
- The default radio stations of the Dominator are:
- The car bears a wing-shaped flag logo (which Imponte uses on some of their vehicles), which is very similar to that of the Corvette wing logo.
- The number on the Pisswasser version of the Dominator, 41, is a reference to the classic arcade racing game Daytona USA, which is known as the Daytona Hornet, a car resembling as the 1994 Chevrolet Lumina stock car.