|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas|
|Location:||The Four Dragons Casino, The Strip|
|Target:||Rescue Kent Paul and Maccer|
|Conditions of mission failure:|
|Unlocked by:||You've Had Your Chips|
- The Truth: "I took some fellow travellers deep into the desert on a peyote safari a few nights back. We faced the Inner Light and communed with the Lizard King."
- CJ: "Sounds fun. How'd it go?"
- The Truth: "That's the problem. I don't know. I'm in Los Santos. I woke up in a Japanese bathhouse about an hour ago and I have no idea how I got here or where the others are."
- —The Truth tells Carl Johnson about the missing British tourists
Carl receives an unexpected phone call from The Truth. Apparently, he, a band and their manager went on a "peyote safari" in the desert last night. He tells Carl that he's in Los Santos, not knowing how he got there, and he doesn't know what happened to the other people. So, he asks Carl to travel to Arco del Oeste and make sure they're still alive.
Carl grabs a vehicle and heads out to Bone County. Once atop Arco del Oeste, he starts looking for the band, and finds their frontman and manager. Maccer explains that they passed out from drug use, while Carl offers them a ride to town. Kent Paul tells Carl to take them to Caligula's Palace in Las Venturas where his friend, Ken Rosenberg, is working.
Carl, Maccer and Paul get into Carl's vehicle and begin to drive back to Las Venturas. Carl and Paul ask where are the other members of the band, to which Maccer explains that he remembers "snakes", so Carl drives them to the Snake Farm west of Verdant Meadows. Once there, a few people notice Maccer and Paul, who were involved with the group the previous night. Angered by this, the group point guns at the trio. Carl kills them, before driving Paul and Maccer to Caligula's Casino on The Strip.
Once there, they go inside and make their way to the office. They find Ken, who appears to be distressed. Kent Paul introduces him to Maccer and Carl. Rosenberg explains his very "depressing and tough situation" by informing Paul that every Mafia family is pressuring Rosenberg, and, to make things "worse", Paul is here to witness it. Paul asks Carl to give them some space, and that he will call Carl later. Carl leaves the office and the mission is complete.
Outside the casino, Carl calls Wu Zi Mu and explains that he has found a way to survey Caligula's Casino for the heist in a manner which will not cause suspicion. Carl asks Woozie to meet him soon.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Go find Paul and Maccer
- You need to find a vehicle with at least two passenger seats
- Go and pick up Paul and Maccer
- Take Paul and Maccer to the snake farm
- Get them back to Rosie's casino in Las Venturas
- The mission can easily be finished if a Maverick is used to pick up Maccer and Paul. Just be careful landing at the Snake Farm and upon arriving at Caligula's.
- If the player wants to drive Paul and Maccer safely to Caligula's without being chased by the group, CJ has the option to kill them before driving back to Las Venturas with Paul and Maccer.
The reward for this mission is an increase in respect. The mission Intensive Care is unlocked and a new mission icon appears in Caligula's. The Combat Shotgun is now available to buy from the Ammunation ($1,000).
- If CJ fails the mission and tries it again, the player has the ability to skip to the scene where CJ finds Paul and Maccer.
- A rare glitch may occur with the drivers. If Carl is flying a Maverick with Paul and Maccer on board and the player looks behind the vehicles, the group's Waltons may spawn in the sky and fall straight towards the ground.
- After the player has picked up Paul and Maccer, Paul will say that he's not feeling right, in response, Maccer will deliberately suggest that he should eat greasy food. As a result, Paul will demand that the player pull over and he will get out of the car and vomit.
- If the player does not pull over, Paul will vomit in the vehicle, triggering some interesting dialogue.
- After Paul throws up, Maccer tells CJ to stop the car so he can urinate. If CJ doesn't stop the car, Paul will tell Maccer to "point it out the window". If CJ does stop the car, Maccer will get out and urinate for a few seconds, before going back inside.
- If the player lets the cowboys chase them all the way to the casino, a fistfight ensues between Paul, Maccer, CJ and the chasers.
- The introduction cutscene for this mission is an obvious references to Oliver Stone's 1991 biopic about The Doors, and particularly its frontman Jim Morrison. The Truth mentions going out into the desert with a band to do peyote and getting lost. Peyote is one of many psychedelic drugs similar to LSD, which Morrison was known to use. The Truth's voice on the phone bears a resemblance to Morrison, and he also mentions 'communing with "The Lizard King"', which was one of Morrison's nicknames.
- The title of this mission is most likely a reference to Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes, which is one of the most well-known works of Spanish literature as well as a popular musical.