- "Downtown is the central business district of Los Santos; whether that business is finance in Pillbox Hill, fashion in Textile City, or crack on Mission Row"
- ―GTA V digital manual
Downtown Los Santos is the central financial and business district of Los Santos, San Andreas in Grand Theft Auto V. It is bordered by Vinewood to the north, South Los Santos to the south, East Los Santos to the east and Little Seoul to the west.
CharacterThe district is the home of most of the city's skyscrapers and corporate buildings, including the large Maze Bank Tower, the tallest skyscraper in the city and the state. The headquarters of both the International Affairs Agency and the Federal Investigation Bureau are also present here. The western half of the district acts as the main financial center (Pillbox Hill), while the eastern side is home to smaller businesses and residential areas (Mission Row and Textile City).
The district is bordered by Olympic Freeway at south, La Puerta Freeway at west, Del Perro Freeway at north and Los Santos Storm Drain at east. Because of that the district is excellent communicated with the rest of the city. Also, Strawberry Avenue ends at the Los Santos Freeway. There are two Los Santos Transit stations (one closed) and several buses. However, heavy traffic is common all the day and night.
Places of Interest
- Legion Square (Pershing Square)
- Mission Row Police Station and Impound Garage
- Pillbox Hill Garage
- Pillbox Hill Medical Center (California Hospital Medical Center)
- Pillbox North Station (under construction)
- Simmet Alley (Santee Alley)
- Ten Cent Theater (Million Dollar Theater)
Skyscrapers and Corporate Buildings
- 3 Alta Street Tower (801 Tower)
- 707 Vespucci (800 Wilshire Boulevard)
- Arcadius Business Center (Westin Bonaventure Hotel)
- Daily Globe Headquarters (Figueroa Courtyard)
- FIB Headquarters (One California Plaza)
- IAA Headquarters (Two California Plaza)
- Lombank Tower (Figueroa Tower)
- Maze Bank Tower (US Bank Tower)
- Mile High Club (JW Marriott & Ritz-Carlton hotels) (under construction)
- Penris Building (1000 Wilshire)
- Quik House (888 W 6th St)
- Schlongberg Sachs Center (Citigroup Center)
- Tinkle Building (AT&T Madison Complex Tandem Office)
- Union Depository (Mellon Bank Center)
- Alesandro Hotel (Subway Terminal Building)
- Banner Hotel & Spa (Luxe City Center Hotel)
- The Celtica Hotel (Chester Williams Building)
- Elkridge Hotel
- The Emissary (Millennium Biltmore Hotel)
- Hookah Palace (Figueroa Hotel)
- Hotel Wisdahl (Hotel Cabrillo)
- Templar Hotels (Hotel Rosslyn)
Roads and Streets
- Adam's Apple Boulevard
- Alta Street
- Atlee Street
- Elgin Avenue
- Fantastic Place
- Integrity Way
- Little Bighorn Avenue
- Low Power Street
- Peaceful Street
- Power Street
- San Andreas Avenue
- Sinner Street
- Sinners Passage
- Strawberry Avenue
- Swiss Street
- Vespucci Boulevard
- One of the main buildings in Los Angeles (Los Santos counterpart), the Aon Center, is not featured in the game, despite it being well known to the neighbourhood, and the fact that it is the 2nd tallest building in Los Angeles and California.
- A repetitive pattern in most GTA games, the lights that turn on in the buildings are always the same ones, and always come on at once.
- The Olympic Freeway is the widest freeway in the game, being 8 lanes wide (excluding the central reservation).
- The Legion Square is a common place for the UFOs to spawn when in a modded lobby in Grand Theft Auto Online.
- The Mile High Club has a secret room that isn't solid and can be accessed. When in, the police won't be able to find the player, who won't be vulnerable to bullets coming from other players climbing up the crane in the center.
|Neighborhoods and districts in Los Santos, San Andreas|
|Alta • Backlot City • Banning • Burton • Chamberlain Hills • Cypress Flats • Davis • Del Perro • Del Perro Beach • Downtown Los Santos • Downtown Vinewood • East Los Santos • East Vinewood • El Burro Heights • Hawick • La Mesa • La Puerta • Legion Square • Little Seoul • Mirror Park • Mission Row • Morningwood • Murrieta Heights • Pacific Bluffs • Pillbox Hill • Rancho • Richman • Rockford Hills • South Los Santos • Strawberry • Textile City • Vespucci • Vespucci Beach • Vespucci Canals • Vinewood • Vinewood Hills • West Vinewood|