- This article refers to the "Dozer" in GTA San Andreas and 'GTA V. For a similarly named "Bulldozer" in GTA Vice City Stories and GTA Chinatown Wars, see Bulldozer.
(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Industrial vehicle|
|Appearance(s)||GTA San Andreas|
Grand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto Online
|Manufacturer||DUDE (GTA San Andreas)|
HVY (GTA V)
The Dozer is designed as a four-wheel front loader, manufactured by the DUDE company. The vehicle is devoid of any luxuries, and is depicted with an open driver compartment with no doors, leaving the player vulnerable to being pulled out of the vehicle by hostile NPCs; the Dozer is also equipped with an adjustable scoop. The color is only available in a blue-greenish color.
The Dozer returns in Grand Theft Auto V. Manufactured by HVY, the Dozer is colored a traditional Cat Yellow. It is based off of the Caterpillar 963D, with other excavator elements present. It is smaller than before, with a cabin enclosure for the driver, it has two doors, and a large scoop. The cockpit contains glass windows on all four sides making the driver vulnerable to gunfire.
The Dozer is very large and heavy, and therefore has a slow top speed; the Dozer also features rear wheel steering, meaning that it is pushed into turns instead of pulled, making for a very small turning radius, although this also makes the Dozer more vulnerable to tailspins if in higher speeds. Its movable scoop can be used to plow through a bunch of other cars, which is no problem for this vehicle; as its weight and torque make it nearly unstoppable.
Due to its bottom-heavy design, the Dozer is designed to rest upright after a flip. This feature is very useful in Hunter Quarry's Quarry missions, as players can drive and flip the vehicle down several tiers of the quarry without the risk of having the vehicle resting on its top or side.
In Grand Theft Auto V, the vehicle is very slow due to its tracks and only sits the driver. Like in San Andreas, it has a movable scoop and an unusable hoe in the rear, however this is a good defense, as pursuing vehicles tend to flip when they are hit by the hoe. As the scoop is concave, it can easily pull and raise small vehicles and even trucks. The Dozer's scoop is even capable of lifting up a Jet by the nose landing gear, however, this may destroy the plane.
GTA San Andreas
- One can be obtained at the Angel Pine Junkyard in Angel Pine, Whetstone.
- Spawns in the mission, Deconstruction.
- In Hunter Quarry, Bone County after completing the side-mission.
- At a construction site in Rockshore West, Las Venturas.
GTA V + Online
- Found driving or parked at some of the construction sites.
- Spawns at Davis Quartz.
- Frequently spawns in a large lot in the southernmost corner of Los Santos International Airport, near the purchasable Pegasus hangar, as well as two Trashmasters and a Blazer.
- Sometimes four of them spawn next to the building with the huge "Cypress" sign on Hangar Way in Cypress Flats.
- In GTA San Andreas, if the player tries to tow a Dozer with a Towtruck and the Towtruck is turned sharply in any direction, both vehicles will be thrown in opposite directions with great force.
- Its movable scoop can be raised and lowered by the player when desired.
- The Dozer is the only construction vehicle which lacks a radio system in GTA San Andreas.
- If you use the Dozer against vehicles, they won't have any visual injuries.
- The name is probably just short for bulldozer, but it could also reference the fact that it is slow, as doze sometimes means to sleep.
- In Grand Theft Auto V, the Dozer is seen with tracks instead of wheels. This makes the Dozer one of the strongest vehicle in the game.
- It shares this trait with the Rhino.
- In GTA V, the Dozer can actually be stored in a safehouse garage with great care and expertise, but it is difficult to get it in as the player must use the scoop to pull itself in very carefully.
- Strangely, the Dozer in GTA V can actually do a burnout. This is odd since, due to the fact that a tracked vehicle only has one driven pair of wheels which also have the only brakes on the vehicle, a tracked vehicle cannot do a burnout. However, it would simulate stationary turns.
- If you look closely, the caterpillar tracks are actually disconnected from the main body.
- When the scoop is placed at the rear of a Titan (cargo door), it will be lifted up instantly.
- Any NPC or player caught in the scoop will die due to repeated movement and damage.
- If you lower the scoop on a dead body, the Dozer may glitch and, as a result of trying to lower the scoop despite the body, will be set on fire.