Lester will send a text message to all the protagonists, saying that the Cutter has arrived in a warehouse in East Los Santos, and that the place is full of guards. He recommends steal the Cutter without alerting the guards.
To steal the cutter without being noticed by the guards, is recommended using the stealthy mode and knock out all the guards, before entering in the Cutter. If the player enters in the vehicle and at least one guard is still alive, the player will be automatically detected. Weapons equip with suppressors are also helpful, especially snipers, but be careful to not be too close to a guard when you shoot, or else he will notice the player.
Its also important to know that being detected, does not fail the mission, it just prevents the player to receive one of the gold medals of the mission.
Once all the guards are neutralized, enter in the Cutter and take it out of the yard, the protagonist will call Lester and he will say to deliver the drill in a parking lot near the Union Depository. Once the driller is delivered the mission is complete.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Sneak Thief - Steal the Cutter without being detected
- Time - Complete within 05:00
- Since this mission prominently involves stealth, it is recommend using Michael to complete it, since he is the protagonist with better stealth status and special ability. Note that, as shown in the walkthrough video, even in broad daylight it's possible for Michael to approach a guard from the front in stealth mode and still be able to attack without detection.
- Remember to buy a Sniper Rifle with a Suppressor on it if your character doesn't already have one.
- A silenced pistol will make the mission go a lot faster by eliminating the need to walk all they way to each guard.
- While sneaking, it doesn't matter if they can see you. You can still walk all the way into punching distance before they say anything. If they see you sneaking with a gun, they'll go on alert immediately.
- There are a total of 8 guards the player will need to kill to steal the Cutter without being detected.
- The 2 guys (standing close together).
- Michael can kill them with the same bullet while using his special stealth ability.
- If using Trevor or Franklin you will need to find a way to kill 2 guards with the same shot. To do so, on your way in from the Western entrance (on Popular Street), there will be a garage door on your right side. Use "take cover" against the door and move to the edge of the door frame. From there the player can kill both guards using the same shot.
- It doesn't matter that the player never gets a wanted level. The mission still fails, if you don't kill them with the same bullet. Otherwise they could be killed instantly with a Grenade Launcher, or near instantly with a short burst of automatic fire. Even a sniper can kill them one at a time with out getting a wanted level, if they're the last two guys.
- There is roof access via ladders after you enter the yard which can allow you to shoot the guards on the far side of the lot without having to sneak over there.
- When the player drives to the parking lot they shouldn't steal a car in the lot, otherwise the cop that let the player in will turn and fire on them.
- If the player doesn't want to use the sneak approach: To lose the cops drive to the Great Ocean Highway and complete the full circle, the player should lose the cops by the time you complete it. Fair Warning: As the police aren't generally too far behind they don't always stop coming for the player when the wanted stars disappear, so if the player hits them again they will re-engage you.
- If the player gets caught trying to steal the truck, there is a small green rubbish bin just in the little alley by the truck to its left side. Take cover behind this before the police arrive. Once the wanted level clears just get into truck with the driller and drive off with no police chase.
- If they player drives Michael's Tailgater there, and use the method shown in the video, sometimes a copy of his Tailgater will spawn where the player left it.