|Game:||Grand Theft Auto V|
East Los Santos
|Target:||Stealing and delivering a Cutter.|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
Cutter is destroyed
|Protagonist(s):||Michael De Santa|
|Unlocks:||The Big Score (Only if Sidetracked has already been completed)|
|Unlocked by:||Planning the Big Score|
Lester will send a text message to all the protagonists, saying that the Cutter has arrived in a warehouse in East Los Santos, and that the place is full of guards. He recommends steal the Cutter without alerting the guards.
To steal the cutter without being noticed by the guards, is recommended using the stealthy mode and knock out all the guards, before entering in the Cutter. If the player enters in the vehicle and at least one guard is still alive, the player will be automatically detected. Weapons equip with suppressors are also helpful, especially snipers, but be careful to not be too close to a guard when you shoot, or else he will notice the player.
Its also important to know that being detected, does not fail the mission, it just prevents the player to receive one of the gold medals of the mission.
Once all the guards are neutralized, enter in the Cutter and take it out of the yard, the protagonist will call Lester and he will say to deliver the drill in a parking lot near the Union Depository. Once the driller is delivered the mission is complete.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Sneak Thief - Steal the Cutter without being detected
- Time - Complete within 05:00
- Since this mission prominently involves stealth, it is recommend using Michael to complete it, since he is the protagonist with better stealth status and special ability. Note that, as shown in the walkthrough video, even in broad daylight it's possible for Michael to approach a guard from the front in stealth mode and still be able to attack without detection.
- Remember to buy a Sniper Rifle with a Suppressor on it if your character doesn't already have one.
- There are a total of 8 guards you need to kill to steal the Cutter without being detected.
- If using Trevor or Franklin you will need to find a way to kill 2 guards with the same shot. To do so, on your way in from the Western entrance (on Popular Street), there will be a garage door on your right side. Use "take cover" against the door and move to the edge of the door frame. From there you can kill both guards using the same shot without needing Michael (where you would use his special stealth ability).
- There is roof access via ladders after you enter the yard which can allow you to shoot the guards on the far side of the lot without having to sneak over there.
- When you drive to the parking lot don't steal a car in the lot, otherwise the cop that let you in will turn and fire on you.
- If you don't want to use the sneak approach: To lose the cops drive to the Great Ocean Highway and complete the full circle, you should lose the cops by the time you complete it. Fair Warning: As the police aren't generally too far behind they don't always stop coming for you when the wanted stars disappear, so if you hit them again they will re-engage you.
- when wanted level appears there is a small green rubbish bin just in the little alley by the truck to its left side. one can take cover and hide from police after sniping before they arrive. Once wanted level clears just get into truck with the driller and drive off with no police chase.