- For the ability to perform drive-by shooting, see drive-by shooting and for a mission of the similar name, see Drive-Thru.
Big Smoke, Sweet, and Ryder attacking the Ballas with TEC-9s
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Car destroyed
Ryder, Sweet or Big Smoke dies
|Unlocks:||Sweet's Girl, Home Invasion|
|Unlocked by:||Nines and AKs|
- "I'm saying that the East Coast made you drive like an idiot, fool! Man, you always crashing cars and shit. And for some reason now you back, all it is, is 'CJ drive here, CJ drive there.' Bullshit!"
- — Ryder.
Sweet, Big Smoke and Ryder have decided to perform some drive-bys on Ballas gang members and Carl decides to be their driver. The crew arrive by a number of spots where Ballas gang members usually hang around and perform a couple of drive-bys, killing every gang member attacking them. After finishing off every enemy gang member, they catch the police's attention and manage to lose it by driving to the Pay 'n' Spray in Idlewood. They drive back to Grove Street and decide to stay away from any heat for the rest of the day.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get in the car
- Drive your homies into Balla territory
- Take out the first group of Ballas
- Take out the second group of Ballas
- Take out the third group of Ballas
- Take out the fourth group of Ballas
- Use the nearby pay 'n' spray to lose the cops
- Take your homies back to the hood
The reward for completing this mission is $500 and increased respect. The missions Home Invasion and Sweet's Girl are unlocked as well. Ballas gang members become also increasingly violent against Carl Johnson and will attack him every time he's spotted driving past them.
- Although there is a police bribe on the path of the other side of the park under the bridge, it is pointless to get it before going to the Pay 'N' Spray because the wanted level goes down only for a moment before retaining a two-star wanted level once more.
- When CJ abandons his homies from Sweet's car in a short distance, Ryder will say "Damn! He shook us!", then Big Smoke will take the driver seat and he will drive away from Carl. The mission will fail and the game will say "Are you sure you're down for the 'hood?"
- If the player uses the Never Wanted Cheat or the Wanted Level Down cheat, they will still have to go to Pay 'n' Spray.
- In this mission police won't react on you until the last target is killed.