The Dukes Bay Bridge is a bridge over the Dukes Bay in north-eastern Liberty City in Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars that spans from north to south, connecting together the two boroughs of Dukes and Bohan.
The bridge is one of the more minor in the city but still remains popular among locals as it provides a valuable, fast and convenient means of transportation between the two boroughs, and additionally allows car users to avoid having to use the busier East Borough Bridge to travel between Dukes and Bohan. However, the bridge features toll barriers at the Dukes end, and a toll charge of $5 is required for travel. The East Borough Bridge and the Dukes Bay Bridge are the only two bridges in the Liberty City Metropolitan area that require a toll payment to use. Dukes Bay Bridge is subject to much traffic congestion due to its two-lane structure, there is only one lane for each direction of travel.
It is based on the Throggs Neck Bridge in New York City due to location, yet does not bear any resemblance to the real bridge.
The Dukes Bay Bridge begins in eastern Bohan in the district of Little Bay. The bridge is accessed by driving along Sing Sing Avenue, which leads into a steep downward incline as the road underpasses the Northern Expressway above. Upon reaching the other-side of this underpass, drivers will reach the coast-line and the beginning of the Dukes Bay Bridge. At the other (Dukes) end of the bridge, a toll barrier is reached and subsequent to paying, users are then able to turn left or right onto Dukes Drive in the Steinway district of Dukes but can also go straight to a dirt trail that leads you through a little grass park.
- If you swim or take a boat underneath the bridge, you will be able to find a Flying Rat which is placed atop a pillar which is located in the center of the bridge.
- It is one of two bridges in Liberty City that has a toll.
- It is the only river-crossing bridge in Liberty City that has one lane in each direction.
Two missions in GTA Chinatown Wars prominently take place at the bridge:
- Street of Rage: Where Huang save Heston and his police squad from been killed by the Koreans assassins happens along the Bridge and a nearby compound.
- Wilhelm's third encounter: Wilhelm is spotted on the Bridge by Huang. He explains that the bankes as foreclosed on his property and has "dropped" his keys into the Bay. Despite Huang's protests, Wilhelm commits suicide. Huang finds his keys on the pavement beside him and keeps the property for himself.