(Rear quarter view).
|Vehicle type||Industrial vehicle|
|Body style||Off-road dump truck|
|Appearance(s)||Grand Theft Auto V|
Grand Theft Auto Online
The HVY Dump is a large-slow moving vehicle in Grand Theft Auto V. The Dump is a particularly strong vehicle and can act like a lesser version of the Rhino tank due to the fact that it can drive over other vehicles with its large wheels. Vehicles can explode if they are driven over with the Dump's wheels. Even though it's manufactured by HVY, a Brute badge is seen on the container. Unlike the Dumper from GTA SA, the tipper cannot be raised up and down.
Due to the large exposed gas tank on the left side, the driver is very vulnerable to being killed.
It is based on a CAT 789C.
- At Davis Quartz, east of Sandy Shores.
- Can be found in Redwood Lights Track.
- Occasionally seen driving down desert roads near Sandy Shores.
- Occasionally spawns at the construction site in Downtown Los Santos.
- Sometimes two of them spawn next to the building with the huge "Cypress" sign in Cypress Flats at Hanger Way
- Bought from Warstock Cache & Carry for $1,000,000.
- Can be found at Davis Quartz during the day.
VideoThe location of the HVY Dump can be found in the video below.
- The word Dump is a double-entendre, referencing the slang term which means defecating.
- The Dump is one of the largest controllable land vehicles in the HD Universe.
- The Dump is the first vehicle in the HD Universe to feature suicide doors.
- Fully running over a vehicle in the HVY Dump can be risky. The best way is to go backwards, being sure only the wheels come in contact with it, as the fuel tank is right between them and explodes easily, then running forward before the vehicle explodes.
- When the dirt in the back is shot at, it will sound as if the bullet hits metal. The Dump will also fail to start up at first if shot repeatedly in the dirt.
- There is also an empty slot on its bumper where it would suitably fit a license plate.
- Despite its big and thick tires, they will still deflate with a single bullet shot, like any other vehicle.
- Due to its large wheels, it is able to get over some obstacles easily, making it seem like a monster truck.
- Despite its massive size and heavy weight, it can still be carried by a Cargobob.
- Because of its massive size, the Dump cannot be stored in any of the garages in GTA V. But in GTA Online, the player can call Pegasus Concierge to order the Dump to be spawned.