(Rear quarter view).
|Vehicle type||Industrial vehicle|
|Body style||Off-road dump truck|
|Appearance(s)||GTA San Andreas|
Grand Theft Auto V
The Dumper is by far the largest land-based vehicle in GTA San Andreas, generally based on large off-road dump trucks used in large-scale earth moving; the truck resembles a cross between a 1970s Caterpillar 773 (particularly the grille and cab) and more modern 773s. The Dumper is also only available in one color: Bluish gray, similar to the Dozer.
The Dumper is a slow moving vehicle (with a top speed roughly similar to that of a Linerunner), but has the effects of the Monster truck. The "tipper" on the back can be raised up and down. In GTA V, the "tipper" can't be raised. The Dumper in GTA V is also slower than the GTA San Andreas dumper.
- The default radio station in the vehicle is K-Rose.
- There seems to be a glitch with the Dumper during one of the Quarry side-missions, where you have to transport explosive barrels to Verdant Meadows. Upon raising the tipper and dropping off the explosives, the player will occasionally be rewarded with a four-figure Double Insane Stunt Bonus.
- The Dumper, along with the Monster, has the car crusher ability which allows the vehicle to be able to drive over traffic, rather than through it.
- If a car hits the back of the Dumper, it will be set on fire or badly damaged. However, if the vehicle is directly on top of a car, sometimes the Dumper will get stuck on top of the car. The car will eventually explode and the Dumper will also explode too.
- The Dumper is the biggest land vehicle in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, with the Rhino at 2nd, and the Linerunner, Roadtrain, Monster, Tanker, and Dozer, in their pespective places, in terms of size.
GTA San Andreas
- Along with the Dozer, the Dumper is integral to quarry side-missions in Hunter Quarry, Bone County, and is also made available during "Explosive Situation".
- A Dumper will spawn outside the quarry grounds after the completion of all quarry side-missions. You can also do the Quarry mission and when you use the Dumper, you can steal it.
- Will spawn in the Underground Parking Garage at the Las Venturas Police Headquarters in Las Venturas on certain occasions.
- Spawn at Davis Quartz.
- Numerous Dumpers spawn at Davis Quartz located to the east of Sandy Shores. If one gets on the highway exit to Sandy Shores and instead of turning left to go to Sandy Shores, turns right, he/she can turn left at the first road on his left. This road leads to the quarry, which is made of several spiral-shaped roads. The player can just go through the gate once the guard opens it and approach one of the many Dumpers there. Merryweather Security Dilettantes can be found here, however, they won't attack the player unless he does something illegal (possibly).