eCola is a brand of sugary carbonated beverage featured in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City and Grand Theft Auto V, its color implying it is a caricature of Coca-Cola and the logo is similar to Pepsi Cola.
The eCola name first appears in GTA Vice City Stories in the form of red non-interactive vending machines scattered throughout Vice City. In GTA IV, however, eCola vending machines, like those of Sprunk, may be used by the player to replenish their health - however, they only dispense Orang-O-Tang. The player can also purchase an eCola background for their upgraded phone via Vipluxuryringtones.com. Because it competes with Sprunk in the soft drink market, eCola and Sprunk machines can often be found together. In GTA, Yankee trucks may appear with an all-red eCola livery, complete with eCola logos on the sides.
The eCola name is a play on the ecoli bacteria and possibly the Ebola virus; the company's slogan even states the drink is "Deliciously infectious!". The name also sounds like "Ricola", a brand of cough drops.
- In GTA IV, when you buy an eCola from a vending machine, a Sprunk comes out, instead of an eCola.
- ECola is a reference to E.coli, a bacteria that can make people ill, this may imply that ECola is foul-tasting or can make people ill, which is connected to its slogan "Deliciously infectious", however in game it will still heal life points.
- The eCola glass bottles on the vending machines are much like older Dr. Pepper glass bottles.
- The eCola logo has some similitudes with the Orangina logo.
- An eCola Vending Machine can be seen in the Grand Theft Auto V Trailer where Michael is driving near a 24-7 which suggests that replenishing health by Vending Machines is going to return into the game.
- In GTA IV, Sprunk and eCola were competing against each other in the market but in real life Sprite and Coca Cola are both owned by the same company.