The Easter Basin Naval Station is a military base located in the Easter Basin district of San Fierro, San Andreas. Entering the base or flying over it will give the player an automatic five-star wanted level.
The base consists of a Submarine Pen and an amphibious aircraft carrier. Stealing vehicles within the base is not advised, as the wanted level gained will most likely result in the destruction of the stolen vehicle.
The aircraft carrier houses a Hydra parked on its deck. This carrier is invaded, and a Hydra stolen, in the mission Vertical Bird, a mission given by Mike Toreno to protagonist Carl Johnson. However, the carrier does not feature any military personnel other than in that particular mission. Also, the Hydra will not always appear on the deck of the carrier.
The carrier also has SAM sites, but they are active only during the mission Vertical bird before they are shut down, which is optional, too. Regardless of whether the player chooses to shut them down or not, they never shoot at the player outside of the mission (confirmed on PC). The SAM site closest to the Hydra is also one of the 50 snapshots in San Fierro. However, to take the picture, one does not need to be on the carrier as it can be taken from a safe distance on a boat.
- Patriot (near carrier).
- Barracks (far side of base, near Hunter spawn).
- Hunter (must complete Flight School with all Gold to trigger spawn).
- Hydra (must complete Vertical Bird).
- Launch (in one of the sub pens).
- Vortex (inside the carrier, must be maneuvered up the stairs, must complete Cut Throat Business).
- Two oysters. These oysters are the most difficult to obtain because the player will instantly get a 5-star wanted level
- One in front of the aircraft carrier
- One in the middle tunnel of the sub pen
It is best to collect these oysters during Vertical Bird before you reach the back of the carrier, as the wanted level is deactivated for the mission. If not, it is recommended to use a speedboat for a quick getaway then escape east, go upstream and save at Mike Toreno's Ranch or the Fort Carson Safehouse.
- There is a sign near the dock of the harbor that reads, "Unauthorized persons will be shot at". The sign is, indeed, true to its word. The same sign can be found above the garage door at the Palomino Creek safehouse.
- Different as the Area 69, the Easter Basin Naval Station is not inspired in any naval station, however there it is not a naval station in the real life San Francisco, in which the Easter Basin Naval Station could be inspired in.