(Rear quarter view)
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
|Appearance(s)||GTA San Andreas|
|Manufacturer||Willard (GTA San Andreas)|
The car is based on a blend of the second generation Ford Crown Victoria and the first generation Mercury Sable(Check the taillight designs) and is very similar to a Chevrolet Caprice and 1988-1995 BMW 5 Series. Although it is very similar to the Premier, and is probably a corpoate cousin to it as well, the Elegant is larger and heavier, closely resembling an Eighth Generation Buick Roadmaster without the rear fender skirts. The Elegant, however, does bears a vertically split grille similar to the Premier's.
Despite the Elegant's substantial curb weight, a very powerful V8 propels this rear-wheel drive monster quite impressively. Its performance attributes are very similar to those of the Premier, just on a larger frame: engine performance and handling are quite satisfying, although slight understeer is evident. This can, however, be compensated for with the E-brake around corners. Because of the vehicle's mass, it cannot reach quite the same speeds as the Premier, and requires longer stopping distances. This does, however, comes with the compromise of increased durability and better ramming capabilities, and handles well in gunfights.
- Nitro (all)
- Car Stereo
- The car is also among the earliest in the series with a manufacturer's name associated with it, with a Willard badge, as evidenced by a billboard advertising a "'92 Elegance".
- As indicated by the aforementioned billboard, the Elegant's appearance is significantly different at one point during development, featuring a gray bumper (oddly, the rear bumper's color matches that of the body), simpler lower mask, and GTA III / GTA Vice City styled wheels.
- The default radio station in the Elegant is West Coast Talk Radio.
- In GTA IV, a wrecked sedan prop exists, sharing several design cues as the Elegant. It is unknown if the car is based on a drivable model, like other wrecks in the game, but was dropped during development. Its location is on the railway near BOABO; the railway leads to Algonquin but ends at the water.
- In real life, many Mercedes-Benz models have a sub-model called 'Elegance', which is similar to the name of the Elegant.
- In the parking lot under the Mulholland Intersection in Downtown Los Santos.
- Found around Downtown in San Fierro.
- Found around Downtown Los Santos and Market in Los Santos.
- Found around Tierra Robada and Las Venturas.