| MISSION |
Escuela Of The Streets
Niko "cleaning up" the dealers.
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto IV|
|Location:||West Bohan Community Center, Fortside|
|Conditions of mission failure:|
Dealer is spooked
Dealer gets away
|Unlocked by:||Roman's Sorrow|
- "We gotta get some of these dealers off the streets, man, you know? And I want them to know it was me."
- ― Manny Escuela
In the opening cutscene first, the player sees Manny shooting with his camera man. Mallorie introduces Niko to Manny. Manny tells Niko that he needs Niko's help in "cleaning up" some drug dealers.
After the cutscene ends, Manny tells Niko to get a vehicle and orders him to go to the dealers place. Niko and Manny follows the dealer to the meet. Then Manny will leave Niko there. The door of the building is locked . So, Niko finds some other way to get inside the building. Once inside Niko kills all the drug dealers present there. He then leaves the building and sees Manny recording outside about how Niko cleaned the streets. Niko tells him to stop recording and the mission ends.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get in a vehicle with Manny.
- Go to the dealer's place with Manny.
- Follow the dealer to the meet, don't let him know you're following him.
- Park behind the dealer.
- The dealer went into the warehouse, get him.
- The door is locked. (If door is touched by player)
- Wipe out all the dealers.
- Leave the warehouse.
- Shoot out the door. (if you came through the window or the skyline at the roof)
After the mission's intro cutscene, you'll find yourself outside with Manny, who will instruct you to find a vehicle. Upon obtaining a vehicle, Manny tells Niko that he suspects the dealers are on Grand Boulevard.
Once you arrive, a brief cutscene will play that shows an accomplice of a group of drug dealers getting into the car and driving off. Naturally, you'll have to follow him. You must be careful not to get too close to his car, or he will spot you. Manny will warn you (if not insult you) if you're too close. Back off, but keep following. After he warns you a certain amount of times, you will spook the dealer, and he will abort his trip to the meet, therefore failing the mission.
The drive will end at the a Sprunk warehouse in Chase Point, Bohan. Park behind the dealer's car once you get there. After a short cutscene, Manny tells you to follow the dealers into the warehouse and then kill them, and then drives away to pick up his cameraman, Jay.
You will quickly find that the front door is locked. At this point, you have several options for getting into the warehouse:
- Front door - Shoot the lock on the door; this will allow you to enter through the door but it will alert the dealers. (Once you alerted the dealers, all cops nearby and your wanted level will disappeared at that moment)
- Window beside the front door - If you take long enough to find an entrance, Manny will send you a text message saying that for every door that closes, a window opens. This is a hint to enter the warehouse through one of its windows. There are two large windows at the front of the warehouse, to the left of the locked door. Shoot one of them with a firearm to break the glass, and then climb on to the ledge and into the warehouse. The shooting of the glass will startle the drug dealers inside the warehouse, so they will be ready for you as you enter.
- Skyline at the roof - If you are looking for the stealthiest alternative, you can climb the fire escape of the adjacent building to that building's roof, and then cross some pieces of plank wood back to the warehouse where the drug dealers are located (look for a SMG pickup at the rooftop of the warehouse). Once there, seek out an open skylight to breach the building itself. There will be an enemy visible below the skylight with a Pump Shotgun, so be sure to take him out quickly, as at this is a very lethal range for shotguns. After dispatching the enemy below the skylight, jump through it.
Once inside the warehouse, take cover behind one of the many stacks of Redwood, Candybox and Sprunk boxes, and kill all of the gangsters. When all of them have been killed, you leave the warehouse and Manny and his cameraman, Jay, will meet you outside. However, if the cops have been alerted, (they most likely will have not) you will need to lose your wanted level first.
- Use of D-pad quickdraw
- This is the first mission you are given in Bohan, and the first mission for Manny Escuela.
- If you fail the mission while in a car with Manny, he'll tell you get out and he will drive off in the car. If you repeat the mission with SMS, you can see your car he drove away in parked next to the community center.
- Do not bring any valuable vehicle with you since Manny while drive off with it and won't appear anymore even if you complete the mission.
- There is a bug where the yellow arrow will not show up when the drug dealer reach his destination, he will not get out of his car and he will just sit there. So the mission will become stuck.
- If you don't go through the front door, but go through the side door (not too far from the front door - just turn right), you are technically still in the warehouse, but the cutscene with Niko Bellic outside the warehouse shows up.
- You cannot use a Bus or a helicopter to follow the dealer.
- Interestingly, Niko suggests Manny knows about stalking. by questioning Manny on how far back he should follow the dealer. He will ask Manny if you must stay two car lengths away when harassing a woman.
- If you beep the horn while following the dealer, Manny will say something like "Not cool, man!" If you continue to beep the horn you will spook the dealer, causing you to fail the mission.
- The dealer you follow drives a uniquely colored Stallion. It will be black, but with a unique pearlescent undertone. It can be seen in, but not limited to, blue, green, red, pearl, and normal tints. It can be obtained without failing the mission after the dealer just parked the car and got inside the warehouse. You can jack it and take it to your parking area. Also, if you leave the warehouse from the skylight (use the Forklift to climb it up) and go to the front door. The car will be still parked there and you can take it to your safehouse parking area, then you can come back and shoot the lock from outside to finish the mission.
- There is a vending machine which is located on the wall opposite to the main entrance, to the right of the roof entrance. Each drink from the machine will heal Niko by 50%.
- The song that plays at the beginning of the mission is "Impacto" by Daddy Yankee. It is featured in the in-game radio station San Juan Sounds.
- There is a health pickup inside the office (on the left, if you broke the lock and came in through the front door.) It doesn't show on the other side of the wall but it can still be collected from that side. Even after this mission, it is available for Niko to pickup for the rest of the game.
- Although the game suggests shooting the lock, the door can be opened by punching it (oddly enough, won't be opened by kicking it). Although this alerts the dealers, it will not alert the police, like shooting the lock would.
- Upon completing this mission, Mel's random encounters are unlocked.
- Escuela is Spanish for school. Therefore, Manny Escuela translates to Manny School, and the mission title translates to School of the Streets.
- During the mission, a Forklift can be found inside the warehouse, the player can enter the Forklift, but it can't be driven outside as the door is too small. It can be used to climb up again to the skylight, though (read above to obtain the unique Stallion).
- This mission is similar to Shadow as both missions involve the following or stalking of an enemy to their hideout (without them knowing) before killing them and their comrades. Except in this mission, you use a vehicle to follow them.
- If the player uses cheat codes to spawn a boat or helicopter and enters it with Manny, a message will pop up saying Get in a vehicle other than a boat / a helicopter. This appears to be a joke by the developers.