The FIB (Federal Investigation Bureau) Headquarters is a skyscraper located in Downtown Los Santos, on San Andreas Ave in Pillbox Hill next to the International Affairs Agency building in Grand Theft Auto V. It is based on the One California Plaza building in Los Angeles, CA and is the FIB's field office for the state of San Andreas.
The FIB and IAA building are both government run agencies and are similar in design both interior and exterior of each skyscraper. The FIB building has 59 floors (not including the roof) with each floor responsible for the bureau's day to day operations in the state of San Andreas. Due to the high security and classified information in this building, a lot of areas are restricted and locked which requires a security card and proper clearance authorization before proceeding into the restricted areas. Floor maintenance and services however are granted more general access and are provided by third party contractors which are constantly changing possibly due to security reasons. The building is also designed with a fire alarm and emergency lighting system that in the event of an emergency, lighting can be provided as well as alarms can be heard throughout the building in order to get civilians and staff to evacuate the building. There is also a elevator that is meant to be used by the fire department in the event of an emergency. The floor directory that is known is:
- Floor B - Basement level and Maintenance
- Floor 1/L - Street level Main Entrance and Lobby
- Floor 47 - Legal Affaris
- Floor 49 - Communications
- Floor 50 - Unknown Offices
- Floor 51 - Unknown Offices
- Floor 52 - Unknown Offices
- Floor 53 - Servers
- For the actual mission walkthrough, see The Bureau Raid
Most of the building is seen in the mission, The Bureau Raid where Michael and Franklin make their way inside the FIB Building to get files or a containment drive located on the top floor of the building. There are two approaches to this mission, the covert stealthy way which the team poses as members of the Los Santos Fire Department, or the more bash and direct way through the rooftop.
- The elevator panel inside the elevator shows 59 floors but the skylight seen at the top of the building is shown to be the 53rd floor.
- The top floor of the FIB building has a full interior but is inaccessible.