|Appearance(s):||Grand Theft Auto IV|
Grand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto Online
- "Operating system dictators, software monopolists and licensing racketeers."
- ― Description at Bawsaq.com.
In GTA IV one of their products "Wing It" is advertised on the in-game radio. In GTA V they have a slightly larger role and are featured on the BAWSAQ. The company is likely based on Microsoft due to both companies being in the computer applications industry featuring four squares in their logo, and a mobile OS user interface design similar to that of Windows' "Metro" UI. Also, the design of Facade's computer operating system bears an uncanny resemblance to Windows 7. The logo also resembles the logo used for the Nintendo 64 game console.
Events of GTA V
In the mission The Vice Assassination, Franklin must assassinate Facade's CEO, Jackson Skinner. After Lester discovers Skinner's illegal transactions, he orders Franklin to kill him while he is picking a prostitute. Jackson' death causes a major drop in Facade's stocks.
After completing The Vice Assassination, invest all the money from all the three protagonists in Facade's stocks, wait 2-3 days until the stocks return to the pre-mission price and sell everything.
- Trevor Philips' phone is made by Facade.
- In the enhanced version of Grand Theft Auto V, Trevor's phone has a cracked screen, possibly referencing his dangerous lifestyle.
- In the next-gen version of the game, his phone is based off the Sony Xperia E.
- Facade is the name given to the frontal part of houses, where windows are usually located, proving that Facade may be some kind of pun for Windows.
- A Facade is a flashy object that is usually empty on the inside, this could suggest that the company produces products that are all style and no substance.
- Facade also means to hide something by denying it when it's plain obvious to someone else. It's usually used to describe women who get abused by their partners and try to hide it behind a smile.