|Game:||Grand Theft Auto V|
|Conditions of mission failure:||Wasted|
Cletus is killed
Detected by deer
Out of ammo
|Unlocked by:||Target Practice|
Trevor receives a text from Cletus, asking Trevor to meet him down at the lodge in Paleto Forest. There, Cletus gives Trevor a deer call and states that the two are going to go hunting. Along the mission, Cletus teach Trevor to move against the wind to not be detected by the deers, to use the deer call to locate animals that are close to him and finale to not kill deers without antlers, because they are female. After having killed three deers, Cletus will say that he needs to go and ask Trevor to kill one final deer and send him a picture of the corpse, after sending the photo, Cletus calls Trevor and makes a proposal that Trevor hunts more animals and send it to him a photo or their corpses so he can sell their meat and make some money, Trevor says that he has more things going on, but will thing about that.
Gold Medal Objectives
- Downwind - Don't get detected by any Elk.
- Heart Hunter - Kill 3 elk with a heart shot.
- The game assumes that the player has a general understanding of hunting as it never explicitly tells the player to aim for the heart, although Cletus is shown to be impressed with heart shots which may somewhat act as an indicator.
- This is the final appearance of Cletus other than text messages received during hunting activities or in the progression of the story.
- Since the player can easily access Fort Zancudo during this mission, there is an easy way to get the P-996 Lazer fighter jet during this mission. Simply enter the base, steal a jet, and save it at Trevor's hangar at Sandy Shores Airfield. Then, go an complete the hunting mission. This will save the jet in Trevor's hangar and he can access it anytime after the mission is done (NOTICE: This only works if you are playing the mission as part of the campaign. It WILL NOT work if you are replaying the mission.)
- After you kill the male elk from the "mating pair" Cletus will leave you to do the next kill on your own. If Trevor leaves the area, it is possible to get into numerous places like Fort Zancudo, Bolingbroke Prison and the Humane Labs without receiving any wanted stars. Be warned, however, if Trevor starts shooting then the wanted stars will appear.
The mission "Fair Game" starts at 05:56