| MISSION |
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories|
|Location:||Bedford Point, Staunton Island, Liberty City|
- "What kind of whore gives a radio interview instead of giving a hardworking newspaper journalist an exclusive? Destroy these false idols!"
- — Ned Burner.
False Idols is the last mission in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories given to protagonist Toni Cipriani by news reporter Ned Burner, posing as a reverend, from Bedford Point, Staunton Island, Liberty City.
Toni goes to the cathedral in Bedford Point and is greeted by Ned Burner, who is posing as the local reverend. He tells Toni that he wants some celebrities dead after an unkown female celebrity agrees to do an interview with a radio station over a hardworking journalist. Toni is then faced with killing three celebrities before they reach the LCFR building. Black Lightman travels in a limousine, DB-P in a bulletproof Patriot, and Faith W. in a helicopter. Toni kills all three and returns to the Cathedral and sees Ned Burner, who had been posing as the priest, run out of the cathedral.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- Get a rocket launcher from Phil Cassidy's Fully Cocked Gun Shop
- Take out the three celebrities
- All three celebrites have been taken out. Get back to the church and let father know.
Post mission phone call
Donald Love: Toni. It's Donald. I have rather a pressing matter that requires your... particular skills. Please call at my office as soon as you can.
The reward for completing the mission is $1,500. If you completed this mission before completing Friggin' The Riggin', all weapons unlocked upon completing Friggin 'The Riggin will be unlocked at the same time with the rocket launcher.
- DB-P - Killed for refusing to give an interview to the Liberty Tree Newspaper.
- Black Lightman - Killed for refusing to give an interview to the Liberty Tree Newspaper.
- Faith W. - Killed for refusing to give an interview to the Liberty Liberty Tree Newspaper.
- The helicopter used by Faith W. can be obtained in two different ways, one of which only works on the PS2. Because the helicopter is locked in the PSP version, it is harder to obtain, but can be obtained somewhat more easily with the use of cheats.
- Yellow patriot can be obtained different ways. For PSP you have to destroy it and push it into garage. For PS2 you have to use a flamethrower and as quickly as you can to get in to garage otherwise bulletproofing will dissapear.
- The bodyguards are members of the Forelli Family. They will travel in Black Lightman limousine and DB-P Patriot, armed with TEC-9s. Be careful.