| MISSION |
Farewell "Chunky" Lee Chong
|Game:||Grand Theft Auto III|
|Location:||Joey's Garage, Trenton|
|Target:||"Chunky" Lee Chong|
|Conditions of mission failure:|
Chunky Lee escapes
|Unlocked by:||Mike Lips Last Lunch|
- "This rat has sold his last stir fry. I want you to take him out"
- ― Joey Leone
Claude goes to Joey Leone's garage where Joey tells Claude of a man called Lee Chong who is selling SPANK through his noodle stand. Joey instructs Claude to kill him and to drop by Ammu-Nation in the Red Light District if he needs a weapon. Claude, after going to Ammu-Nation, drives to Chinatown and enters the fish market. He then kills a fleeing Chong, who begins to run to his car.
In order to complete the mission the player must:
- The most straightforward method for completing this mission is to enter the alley and take Chong down. However, two triads, one armed with a baseball bat and the other with a shotgun, are positioned next to Chong's stand, and several more will approach and attack the player.
- Two getaway vehicles are in place on different sides of the alley; the cheapest approach would be to prohibit Chong from using one by either destroying or moving it, park a player's own car nearby, approach from the other side of the alley and chase Chong down. Moving his vehicle is recommended, as Chong is much easier to take down if he does not have a vehicle.
- An easier, but expensive, way of completing the mission is to steal one of the cars, drive it to 8-Ball's bomb shop and have the car rigged with a bomb. The player may then drive the car back to its original place, arm the bomb and approach from the other side. This allows the player to eliminate Chong without the need for a chase.
- During the cutscene, there is an instrumental version of "Bump To The Music" by Fatamarse which the original song can be heard on Lips 106 and "See Through You" by Frankie Fame which can be heard on Head Radio.
- Chong's noodle stand de-spawns about ten seconds after completing the mission.
- There is another way of completing this mission, which is to go to the south entrance of the market, but don't go in. From here you can take a Rocket Launcher and kill Chong, easily completing the mission.
- The mission name may be a refererence to the graphic novel Good-bye, Chunky Rice.